What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: bromine or chlorine  (Read 14340 times)

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: bromine or chlorine
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2015, 01:01:45 pm »
I do follow Vermonters way of soaking but I was lucky enough to be on Doc's website when he was an active member so I followed it and was able to ask questions.

Hi Vinny,

Just curious - what is the "Vermonters way of soaking"?

A little background - Vermonter is a Microbiologist and owns his own lab. He did experimenting on his tub as to bacteria counts and such so assuming he isn't some BS poster (I don't believe he is) I listened to what he had to say.

Vermonter's way is basically putting at least 3 PPM of chlorine AFTER soaking and making sure it stayed there for 20 minutes after you put it in. The idea is to soak in as little chlorine as possible. Also, you need to shock weekly with chlorine to give the tub an extra boost of killing power. His tub did have ozone and he understood the Microbiology end of this the way Chem geek understands the chemistry (maybe they both understand each other's world as well LOL!!)

Here's a link to what he wrote, it may be updated I just looked for the info ... I "learned" this over 10 years ago. http://www.rhtubs.com/dichlor_vermonter.htm

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2015, 01:01:45 pm »

Quickbeam

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2015, 03:31:34 pm »
I do follow Vermonters way of soaking but I was lucky enough to be on Doc's website when he was an active member so I followed it and was able to ask questions.

Hi Vinny,

A little background - Vermonter is a Microbiologist and owns his own lab. He did experimenting on his tub as to bacteria counts and such so assuming he isn't some BS poster (I don't believe he is) I listened to what he had to say.

Vermonter's way is basically putting at least 3 PPM of chlorine AFTER soaking and making sure it stayed there for 20 minutes after you put it in. The idea is to soak in as little chlorine as possible. Also, you need to shock weekly with chlorine to give the tub an extra boost of killing power. His tub did have ozone and he understood the Microbiology end of this the way Chem geek understands the chemistry (maybe they both understand each other's world as well LOL!!)

Here's a link to what he wrote, it may be updated I just looked for the info ... I "learned" this over 10 years ago. http://www.rhtubs.com/dichlor_vermonter.htm

Thanks Vinny. Also wanted to tell you that it's nice to have back on this forum!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2015, 05:02:44 pm »

Hi Vinny,

Thanks Vinny. Also wanted to tell you that it's nice to have back on this forum!

Thank you!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2015, 05:02:44 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42