What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Any Experience with Genesis Bromine Generator?  (Read 2621 times)

renns

Any Experience with Genesis Bromine Generator?
« on: November 03, 2015, 09:23:57 pm »
Our used hot tub came with one of these units.  From reading the info sheet it sounds great, but we're still wrapping our head around all the chemical options.  The bromine generator requires an initial very high load of sodium bromide (2lb per 100 gallons) to kick-start the process, but only once the tds, ph, etc, are all within spec.  I'm wondering if my initial shocking of the hot tub may chemically interfere with this process.  Also any feedback on the effectiveness of the unit, and general impressions would be greatly appreciated.  My local spa shop is closed for a couple days, so I'm not able to get the required load of sodium bromide, or get the water properly checked.  I do have those test strips, and have been attempting to get ph down as it's higher than the recommended range.

Hot Tub Forum

Any Experience with Genesis Bromine Generator?
« on: November 03, 2015, 09:23:57 pm »

renns

Re: Any Experience with Genesis Bromine Generator?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 02:43:24 pm »
Hmm, 64 views and no replies.  Looks like I have an oddball piece of equipment?  I'm heading to my local spa shop later this aft, hoping they can steer me in the right direction before our chemical soup gets too far out of whack.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 03:48:05 pm »
Here is the Bromine System we sell as an option and if setup properly has been working great for us, the company is a pleasure to deal with, the owners themselves answer the phone and are complete bromine/chlorine generator gurus: http://bluwatertechnology.com/systems/isis/

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 03:48:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42