What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Nordic shell vs. acrylic shell  (Read 3667 times)

wt21

Nordic shell vs. acrylic shell
« on: September 26, 2015, 12:14:14 pm »
I am looking at Nordic vs. BullFrog vs. Sundance. The latter two have acrylic shell options, which IMO look nicer.

The Nordic sales person says the Acrylics are slipperier and more prone to cracking. He made it clear they don't crack a lot, but are just more so.

Does anyone have any thoughts on color fading on Nordic shell vs. Acrylic shell? The Nordic shell reminds me of my kids toys that look bleached in the sun. Was also wondering if the hot tub chemicals might not impact that kind of shell??

Hot Tub Forum

Nordic shell vs. acrylic shell
« on: September 26, 2015, 12:14:14 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Nordic shell vs. acrylic shell
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 02:40:21 pm »
They do look nicer.  He is correct about the cracking and slickness but either way it shouldn't be issue.  The fail rate on acrylic spas is pretty low.  The shells don't really fade at least by what I've noticed.  I acutually have a Nordic from 1997 that I just replaced with a new one.  The shell doesn't look brand new but not much fading.  My parents had a 12 year old Nordic that I just replaced with a Marquis Reward for them that still looks real good and worked really well.  It's been at one of my service guys houses for the past year or so with no issues.  The biggest positivies to Nordic are the shell can take a beating and the tubs are very simple to work on when you are out of warranty.  Acrylic looks nicer.  I've owned both in the past.  I liked my Crown XL and had no problems with it and I've had good luck with my Marquis that I've had for a couple of years.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 01:24:16 pm »
I am looking at Nordic vs. BullFrog vs. Sundance. The latter two have acrylic shell options, which IMO look nicer.

The Nordic sales person says the Acrylics are slipperier and more prone to cracking. He made it clear they don't crack a lot, but are just more so.

Does anyone have any thoughts on color fading on Nordic shell vs. Acrylic shell? The Nordic shell reminds me of my kids toys that look bleached in the sun. Was also wondering if the hot tub chemicals might not impact that kind of shell??

The acrylic shell material may be more prone to cracking than the Nordic shell material but then again the tile in my kitchen is more prone to cracking than linoleum too but I'll stick with the tile.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 01:34:28 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 01:24:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42