What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Seeking Help/Advice - Sundance or Jacuzzi  (Read 4193 times)

knell

Seeking Help/Advice - Sundance or Jacuzzi
« on: September 23, 2015, 11:16:27 am »
Hello All,

I am fairly new to Hot tubs/Spas as I have never owned one before. I decided a few months ago that when I move into my new house I will want to put a Spa on the Screened in back porch. Because my Porch is 14x12, I am looking to get a smaller 4-5 person spa so I will be able to also sit on the Porch as well. After doing some research and reading, I have narrowed it down to the Sundance 780 Monticlair and the Jacuzzi J325. Both fit the size category that I am interested in. I do know the Sundance has a few more feature than the Jacuzzi (jets, lounger and filter). I do not really care much about the Lounger and have found out that both are made by the same company. I can get the Jacuzzi for about 7k and the Sundance for 8k (with taxes and delivery). Does those prices sound fair (in South Carolina). Which one would you recommend? Any other thoughts or insight about which would be a better spa would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you have any other recommendations of a 4-5 person spa that i should be looking at (in the 7x7 size or smaller), I would take that advice as well.

Thank you!

Hot Tub Forum

Seeking Help/Advice - Sundance or Jacuzzi
« on: September 23, 2015, 11:16:27 am »

Racenut

Re: Seeking Help/Advice - Sundance or Jacuzzi
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 11:38:10 am »
Sundance and Jacuzzi are pretty much the same, I think even built under the same roof.  Some models even have twins under both brand names with slightly different jetconfigs  Both are high quality tubs, you can't really go wrong. The two models you listed are different.  After having a lounge for 15+ years, I've decided lounges aren't for me.  So this time around I only even considered non lounge models.  Some people like them though.  I would say wet testing was even more important on a lounge model just to see if it works without floating out.  I'd rather just float anyway, so who needs a lounge taking up 2 seats.  But that's totally up to you.

Aside from that, I would say the biggest difference between them is going to come down to your available dealers.... who do you feel is going to give the best service. 

Quickbeam

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 11:41:31 am »
I don't know the particular models you have referenced but Sundance and Jacuzzi both make quality tubs, and as you already know, are made by the same company.

You also asked about other tubs. We have the Jacuzzi J-345, which measures 7' x 7' and are quite happy with it. It is a good size for just my wife and I, yet allows us the flexibility to have others in it with us.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 11:50:26 am »
Hello All,

I am fairly new to Hot tubs/Spas as I have never owned one before. I decided a few months ago that when I move into my new house I will want to put a Spa on the Screened in back porch. Because my Porch is 14x12, I am looking to get a smaller 4-5 person spa so I will be able to also sit on the Porch as well. After doing some research and reading, I have narrowed it down to the Sundance 780 Monticlair and the Jacuzzi J325. Both fit the size category that I am interested in. I do know the Sundance has a few more feature than the Jacuzzi (jets, lounger and filter). I do not really care much about the Lounger and have found out that both are made by the same company. I can get the Jacuzzi for about 7k and the Sundance for 8k (with taxes and delivery). Does those prices sound fair (in South Carolina). Which one would you recommend? Any other thoughts or insight about which would be a better spa would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you have any other recommendations of a 4-5 person spa that i should be looking at (in the 7x7 size or smaller), I would take that advice as well.

Thank you!

Of course we'll all recommend a wet test because you learn a lot about the spa that way but otherwise those are certainly two good brands of equal standing. As far as others go, there are a lot of good brands and everyone makes a 7'x7' spa so it just depends who is in your area but if you want to compare to others go to their websites and see who is local to your area. I'd say Artesian, Arctic, Bullfrog, Caldera, D1, Hot Springs and Marquis are probably the most mentioned spas in good standing with the participants of this site beyond the two you're already considering. Take your time and find what works for you.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

knell

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 01:42:41 pm »
Hello everyone,

I ruled out Hotsprings because the seats sit to low for me. I liked how both the Jacuzzi and Sundance felt when I sat in them. I just don't know if I can justify spending an extra 1000 for the Sundance. Marquis is not available in my area and I haven't seen Artesian, Artic, Bullfrog or D1 in any of the shops I have visited. I have visited all the spots from my google search, but will search again to verify. Do you all think pricing is fair? Quickbeam, what sort of pricing should I expect with a J345? Also my local dealer for Jacuzzi had a really high price for the J325 and when I called the Columbia store, they had it for 6200. With shipping and tax it took it so 7k.

Quickbeam

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2015, 02:57:03 pm »
Hello everyone,

I ruled out Hotsprings because the seats sit to low for me. I liked how both the Jacuzzi and Sundance felt when I sat in them. I just don't know if I can justify spending an extra 1000 for the Sundance. Marquis is not available in my area and I haven't seen Artesian, Artic, Bullfrog or D1 in any of the shops I have visited. I have visited all the spots from my google search, but will search again to verify. Do you all think pricing is fair? Quickbeam, what sort of pricing should I expect with a J345? Also my local dealer for Jacuzzi had a really high price for the J325 and when I called the Columbia store, they had it for 6200. With shipping and tax it took it so 7k.

Hi Knell,

We bought our tub in the spring of 2014 and to be honest I don't remember off the top of my head what we paid. I'm not sure our price would help you in any case, as we live in Vancouver, BC, Canada.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 05:41:46 pm »
Hello everyone,

6200 for the J-325 is a very good price.    If it's works for you?

knell

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2015, 08:42:31 am »
Thanks Everyone for your responses. As of right now I am leaning towards the Jacuzzi. One interesting tidbit. The Hotsprings dealer emailed me yesterday and said I could get the Glow for 6k before taxes. I wasn't sure if I really like how the seats sat in this unit when dry but this price seems really good. Any thoughts on the Glow?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2015, 08:42:31 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42