What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Envoy Jet Pumps not operating issue  (Read 1940 times)

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Envoy Jet Pumps not operating issue
« on: August 12, 2015, 11:44:41 pm »
Hi all, long time no talk. I'm hoping someone knowledgeable could point me in the right direction. I have a 2005 Hot Spring Envoy that is having problems with both spa pumps not operating. Here is the quick background story:

I drained my spa a couple of weeks ago and let the water drain out for a few days before I re-filled the spa. After I filled the spa my 30A breaker would trip immediately. After a few days the 30A breaker suddenly worked correctly and everything worked fine for a few days. Now I'm thinking perhaps I drained the spa so well that I left nothing in the lines and I had some kind of air lock issue initially. After a week or so both jet pumps decided not to turn on even though the 30A breaker was not tripping.

Now everything is operating correctly except for both jet pumps. The control panel, lights, and the heater on the 20A breaker is working correctly. I measured 240V coming out of both the 30A and 20A breakers. I'm suspecting perhaps something has failed on the IQ2020 board.

Attached is a photo of the 2020 board. When the pumps are selected I'm measuring 120V between the black and ground, and between the white and ground. I'm measuring 0V between the black and white wires on both pumps when the jets are selected via the control panel. I can hear the relays click but the motors do not appear to hum when selected.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Does this sound like a bad board or is there something else I can try before calling spa tech over to my place? Any advise would be appreciated. 

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d25/Gomboman/Envoy_zpsf7jwepv6.jpg 
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 11:47:03 pm by Gomboman »
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Hot Tub Forum

Envoy Jet Pumps not operating issue
« on: August 12, 2015, 11:44:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42