What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HotSprings 2001 Sovereign heater would only heat for 2 minutes then shut off  (Read 2834 times)

D Witz

Hi I wanted to offer an odd tip, my HotSprings 2001 Sovereign heater would only heat for 2 minutes then shut off I had replaced all major items, circ pump, heater and thermistors, heater control board. I tried running the hot tub with the 240v heater breaker off and even then it would shutoff after 2 minutes (per the IQ 2020 control board) Finally I contacted backyardplus.com to order another set of thermistors as a last shot, they helped me out by suggesting it might be the mini aux control panel (up in the tub vs the main panel on the side.  They do great work and have good deals anyway they mentioned that the aux control panel might be the cause.  I tested by unplugging it, the cable that looks like a phone cord plug, now the heater works great.  Of course I have to replace the aux board if I want that too function again.

Hot Tub Forum

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Welcome to the forum.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Isaac-1

I had this same symptom on my 1998 Jetsetter just after I bought it used, problem turned out to be a bad circulation pump, pump ran, but was running slow so heater was kicking off on overheat.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Topside controls are a very common maintenance problem. Good techs carry 4-6 different configurations in their truck for testing/selling. Easy part to get.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42