What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Concrete Surface?  (Read 3330 times)

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
Concrete Surface?
« on: July 12, 2004, 09:54:29 am »
Well... I'm still waiting for my concrete to get poured... Contractor was supposed to be here this weekend but was a no-show.  Says it will be Tuesday morning now...

Anyhow, does anyone out there have any kind of surface on their concrete pad?  We're thinking of either staining or putting some kind of slip resistant surface on our pad.  We were looking at something like this:

http://www.techstone.ca/do_it_e.html

My only concern is that if we do this before our tub is delivered, are they going to scratch up or damage the surface when they deliver it.  Do the delivery guys usually have to slide the tub around the pad into position or can they lift it some way?

Ken
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

Hot Tub Forum

Concrete Surface?
« on: July 12, 2004, 09:54:29 am »

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
Re: Concrete Surface?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2004, 10:11:57 am »
You could texture your concrete after it is poured to make it slip resistant.  I find that the more you put stuff on (concrete or wood) means that you have to have maintanance.

How big is your pad? Is it only for the tub or will you be walking around the tub?

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2004, 10:22:08 am »
The pad is 12x20 so most of the pad will be used as a patio around the tub.  The idea was to have a non-slip surface around the tub and have something a little more decorative than a plain concrete pad.  It's actually under our screened porch out of the walkout basement.  It will tie into the steps going up to the deck.  The deck and steps are TREX grey so it would be nice to have something that kind of matches.
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2004, 11:54:47 am »
Visioning what the final will be like and it will be very beautiful.  I think that Behr makes a product for masonary application. I used it on my stucco walls 5 years ago and no peeling or chipping. I also remember seeing a mix that included a grit for a non-slip surface.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2004, 11:54:47 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42