What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Refitting a hottub?  (Read 2812 times)

mkamdar

Refitting a hottub?
« on: July 11, 2004, 09:32:43 pm »
I have a calspa that has mystery leaks that it seems are beyond the point of being fixed. The motors are good and so is the heater and shell. Also, the cover is brand new. I was wondering if it is possible for a spa technician to put in new plumbing so that it can be used again without the full foam mode. I was wondering if this is something that is practical enough to be done and see if the repair professionals on this board have undertaken such a job. Also, I wanted to know how much can I roughly expect to pay for this. Any words of wisdom from all of you learned folks would be greatly appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

Refitting a hottub?
« on: July 11, 2004, 09:32:43 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Refitting a hottub?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2004, 10:08:30 pm »
You could do it all yourself,
with great pains and great care,
and when you were done,
you'd still have a CalSpa sittin' there.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

mkamdar

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2004, 10:22:36 pm »
Hello Chas:

I am a schmuck when it comes to being handy. If I had the ability to do it, I would have have taken a shot at it. I wanted to know how feasible would it be to have spa technician do it. The guy who tried to repair the leaks had mentioned to me that every noe then, a customer would have them take away their old spa and they would refit it and sell it. If that is what he is going to do, I figured why not charge me the money and refit it for me. Before I call him up and ask him about this, I just wanted to get some expert advice. If the refitted tub lasts me a couple of years, I would be happy. I could save up some money in the mean while and get a new one down the road.  :-[

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2004, 11:01:10 pm »
Ok - your expectations don't sound unreasonable. I would try to get a couple of prices and go for it.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2004, 11:01:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42