What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Spring ACE, Tub delivery next Sat, we have water softener, to use or not ?  (Read 2373 times)

trichert

I'm getting conflicting answers here, my store tells me to use my water softened water as I wont have to use the pillow and the tub will be ready faster.  Someone online had posted (i'm having trouble finding it now) that a water softener throws off the chemistry of the water and causes other issues.  Now we use potassium chloride not sodium so I'm wondering if that would be ok since we aren't adding additional sodium atoms to the water ? 

Hot Tub Forum

TwinCitiesHotSpring

Fill through a softener...with the ACE you'll want to achieve 25-75ppm calcium hardness level...the vanishing act pillows work as well but depending on your level of hardness through the tap you may have to use multiple pillows which can get expensive.

Here is another good option, we sell these in the store here and they work well for being very simplistic: http://www.rvautoparts.com/product.asp?itemid=7991&gclid=CPORreLulMQCFZKLaQodt0YAwA

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42