What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Stereo or No Stereo?  (Read 3614 times)

Tummy54

Stereo or No Stereo?
« on: February 02, 2015, 09:32:39 am »
anyone seasoned hot tub owners have any advice. Narrowed our search down to 2, one with one without.  A $1500 stereo with only a 1 year warranty seems a bit pricey, considering so many other options for music and a fraction of the cost. 

Looking for some feedback.  Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Stereo or No Stereo?
« on: February 02, 2015, 09:32:39 am »

clover

Re: Stereo or No Stereo?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 11:09:10 am »
Save your money and spend it elsewhere, that is unless you do not have to balance your check book.  Spa service tech's do not work on electronics, but they can replace them for you when they go out. ;)
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

Quickbeam

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 12:05:18 pm »
This one really is a personal decision but if it helps, when we bought our tub we passed on the stereo and haven't missed it. As you say in your post, there are lots of other options for a lot less money.

jcmsrv

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 01:28:33 pm »
My input is that the first hot tub we bought we did not order the stereo, and I was always trying to find a way to have music out at the hot tub and music that was easy to change what-ever song was playing. We just ordered a new hot tub with stereo, but our add was only $500.00, the price you were quoted seems high.

trichert

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 01:48:03 pm »
Do not get the built in stereo systems, they are garbage.

For a fraction of the cost you can get a couple Sonos 1 speakers, get far more music control, far better sound quality, and you can use them elsewhere when not using your tub. 

Quickbeam

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2015, 04:36:12 pm »
Do not get the built in stereo systems, they are garbage.

For a fraction of the cost you can get a couple Sonos 1 speakers, get far more music control, far better sound quality, and you can use them elsewhere when not using your tub.

+1 on Sonos. They are great speakers and it is a great system. Can't specifically recommend the Play 1 speakers, as we don't have those, but the Sonos system in general is fantastic. If your tub is outside like ours is you won't be able to take the speakers out in the rain as they are not waterproof but as the poster says, you get a stereo system for both inside and, when it's not raining, for your outside hot tub.

girlinhotwater

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2015, 11:45:02 am »
I bought a waterproof blue tooth radio at Costco for $60 last Spring. It is called an ECOXGEAR ECOXBT and it even floats :D  It charges quickly and holds the charge for quite a long time too. I place it on the filter compartment of the spa and never have to worry about it getting wet either while it's snowing or being splashed. I've even used it in my friends pool and was impressed this little radio is built rugged and has very good sound. I love it...just throwing out a suggestion that has worked great for me.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2015, 07:55:19 pm »
Yea there's loads of good outdoor/weather/waterproof blu-tooth options out there. Look to Polk Audio or Klipsch to name a couple for top quality. Or hundreds of other less expensive options. Use your tablet or phone for literally millions of choices in music.
Retired

summerside9000

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2015, 02:53:56 pm »
I like mine in my J -470.  It has had its quirks but i had it replaced before the year was up and another year has gone by with no issues. Remote works well and there is no substitute to the sub inside the tub. You can listen at low levels as the speakers are by your ears AND waterproof. its a JBL system.
I am sure a home install could be done with the right equipment but may not integrate into the tubs control system.
Its a gamble but pretty neat at the same time. TV probably not.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2015, 02:53:56 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42