What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: More Older Sundance Spa Newbie Questions  (Read 2401 times)

Schergz

More Older Sundance Spa Newbie Questions
« on: December 13, 2014, 01:33:00 am »
 1990 Sundance Serenna . Have some questions if anyone can help:

1.)  I purchased a colored lense like this . Do I need to drain the spa before changing? I thought it would just snap over the existing fixture, but no. It seems that I need to unscrew the chrome bezel around the light fixture first. then swap with the clear lense?

2.) I've noticed that the large whirlpool jet/diverter control, when turned all the way in either direction (whirlpool or therapy jets) still allows some flow to the other set of jets which it should isolate. Also, I just added an ozone manifold into the 1.5" plumbing and noticed that I can see the ozone bubbles coming out around the perimeter of the whirlpool jet control when it set to the therapy jets. I'll try to post a youtube video so this makes more sense.http://youtu.be/b3iyHWc-iLI Is this maybe just a bad o ring or something? I've searched youtube etc. but am unable to find any info about troubleshooting rebuilding / repair etc. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

3.) Lastly,there doesn't seem to be any noticeable difference with the air control in the open or closed [/url]position. Should I be noticing a big difference? Any Idea how to repair or what to check for?

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

More Older Sundance Spa Newbie Questions
« on: December 13, 2014, 01:33:00 am »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: More Older Sundance Spa Newbie Questions
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 11:39:10 am »
That particular light lens just snaps on (no draining required). If it doesn't, and/or you think you need to drain to install it, it's not the correct part for you type of light.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 09:35:12 pm »
 Why not order an after market multi colored LED light off Ebay, it will plug right in. 

There are many others this was just a quick search..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Tub-Spa-LED-Light-Cluster-Ultra-Bright-/221630622686?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item339a36ebde
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 09:37:21 pm by Jacuzzi Jim »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 09:35:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42