What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need Opinions FAST  (Read 5281 times)

dazedandconfused

• Still Negotiating ....
Need Opinions FAST
« on: June 24, 2004, 12:00:11 pm »
Well, after weeks on this forum and others and countless hours of research, wet tests, etc, I am thinking about buying the following:

Sundance Cameo
Cover
Chemicals
SunLift
SunGlow Multicolor Light
SunZone CD Ozone
Exterior Perimeter Lights
Handi Step
MicroClean Filter
Drink Tray
SunScents

I have been quoted 7900 total.  I am asking 7500 total.  My budget was 7000 but I thought the dealer and I could or might split the difference.

Any advice?  

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Need Opinions FAST
« on: June 24, 2004, 12:00:11 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Need Opinions FAST
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2004, 01:55:49 pm »
Buy your spa.
Make an offer, it'll be accepted or not.  If not, make a counter offer, which will be accepted or not.....Repeat until you agree or not.  
How much time do you want to spend Richardering over a few hundred dollars?  Within a week or two of purchasing your spa, you will forget about the price.  
Brewman
« Last Edit: June 24, 2004, 01:57:10 pm by Brewman »
Brewman

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2004, 02:28:50 pm »
This country is going to hell in a hand basket. How's that for an opinion.
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Mark_Vee

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2004, 04:40:47 pm »
Wisoki -

I agree with your opinion 100%   :)

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2004, 04:00:30 am »
A sig I saw at the bottom of someone's forum post went something like this....

"Where are we going and what am I doing in this basket"...
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Tubber

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2004, 06:05:04 am »
I could not give you a Cameo for that price. Thats a very good deal if the dealers good and you feel good doing business with them . Grab this deal.

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2004, 08:44:19 am »
Dazedandconfused,

Is that a taxes in price?  Even if it isn't, that's a better price than I was quoted.  We were looking at 7700 with no ozone, lifter, lights, steps, etc...  At one point he said he's give us the ozone and steps but the lifter was another 250.  That was all before tax.  
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

SunshyneGyrl

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2004, 12:54:42 am »
i have never heard of an optima selling that low for all that stuff... i doubt he will sell at 7500 !

CalicoskiesNC

• In hot water since July 2004, love our Optima
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2004, 08:06:53 am »
I agree with Bulmer and Sunshyn, the very best we could get for a Optima/Cameo was $8200, incl. 7% sales tax, ozone, chems and delivery.  No lifter in that price.  And believe me, my husband tried hard to get any lower.  If we had gotten it to 7500, we would have bought.  One thing, our dealer said he had a 2003 Optima that would have been in our price range had we wanted it, but then it had the stereo system on it which brought it back up to 8k range.  Make sure yours is a 2004 if thats what you want.  Is the dealer giving you a demo model?  We were told we could get 500 or so off for a floor model.  Not that there is anything wrong that, just make sure you are getting what you think are.  

Good luck with your decision.  It feels great to have the papers signed and the handshaken done and all the backyard prep work done!

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2004, 09:05:41 am »
Hey Dazed! I completely agree with Brewman on this one. We haggled a bit as well but you will soon forget about the final cost as you relax in your new spa.  In the end, haggling for a couple of hundred dollars may mean that you delay or completly miss the opportunity of having the best thing next to sliced bread.

mjhilb

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2004, 09:54:51 pm »
I just wet tested the Optima today. I told the dealer that i was also wet tested the Caldera Geneva paradise series as well and that i could get it for $6300 plus tax. He offered to sell me the Optima out the door including taxes, delivery, chemicals, cover and lift for $7500.

Now Im not what spa to purchase. I like the lounger and the comfort of the seats in the Caldera but also the seats and power in the Optima. Also, the way the seats are set up in the Optima, you can use it as a lounger.

Any advice would be appreciated...I am in the Chicago area.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2004, 02:25:13 am »
At this point its really up to you. You've done the homework and have it down to 2 good spas. Make a list and take a couple days to think about it.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2004, 02:25:13 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42