What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Down to 2?  Thoughts on Optima and Piper Glen?  (Read 9139 times)

Big_Ed

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Down to 2?  Thoughts on Optima and Piper Glen?
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2004, 08:54:50 pm »
Wow.  Read up on these, just wet tested the Piper Glen and it is awesome.

Told the guy I was ready to buy RIGHT NOW.  He told me great, I can give you the "show" price of $9895.  Yeah right Mac.

I told him that's way above what I'm hearing here, he would not budge.  Not a single dollar.  Let me walk out!

Of course, I'm East Coast (MA).  Are you out West Ken?  Seems to me  even with shipping from the manufacturer in CA this price is high.  Opinions please.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2004, 08:54:50 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2004, 09:05:32 pm »
From what I have seen posted that seems high but closer to others I have seen ...the price that is posted here for the Piper Glen by bulmer4nc is the lowest I have seen... are you going by his price or the average of others as well...I had gotten a price of 9200.00 out of a San Diego dealer....in February of this year.

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2004, 09:25:19 pm »
We are in Cary, NC.  So - not that terribly far from you... is your price with tax in?  Our 8700 does not include tax... so that will take it to ~$9300.  As mentioned above - that is the cover, lifter, filters and extra chemicals included.  It does have ozone.

The dealer we are working with has a floor model Piper Glen (the exact one in the picture, that colour...) that has a tiny scratch on the top of the shell, from it being moved to this location.  The owner is willing to let it go for $8000 even - all the same options.  We are just not into that pearl-y colour, so weren't interested.  

You could do a road trip with a trailer from MA!!  8)

Jodi
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

Big_Ed

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2004, 09:37:22 pm »
I only saw 2 prices online, bulmer4nc and Northman on rhtubs forum.  Both were high $8000's.

If the guy would have moved to 9 even I'd have bought.  Tomorrow I call the next nearest dealer

$9895 did not include tax, that'd be another $500.  Included delivery, chemicals, 5" cover & lifter, and steps.

If it weren't for the very important need for setup and ongoing service, I'd roadtrip in a heartbeat!

SpaAngel

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2004, 11:41:49 pm »
We paid $8,279 for our Piper Glen (purchased a few weeks ago and installed last Friday) out here in San Diego (for what it's worth).  We also purchased other things (like spa enclosure (12'x16') and an umbrella), so that may be the reason for the deal.

I can't believe the dealer let you walk.  Amazing!  Try another dealer in your area -- it is a great tub!  

fedmandoo

• which brand do we buy???? Hummm still looking
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2004, 06:40:11 am »
Big_Ed  you are in mass? I'm in mass as well and have starting looking into the Artesian  line since you posted this thread..
Have you been talking to the dealer  the Richard Brothers in Cranston, RI  02921?? Did they quote you that price you mentioned??
That is the only dealer I could find from the Artesian web site. If there are others let me know.
Thanks,Fedman

« Last Edit: June 25, 2004, 07:15:56 pm by fedmandoo »

Big_Ed

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2004, 08:52:24 am »
Fedman,

It was not Richard Brothers that gave me the price.  I plan to call them today.

Other "local" dealers: Croker Sales with locations in Woburn, MA and Merrimack NH.  Pools and Spas Unlimited in Adams, MA.

If you get a price quote, I'd appreciate a heads up.  Also sent you a PM.

Mike

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2004, 08:57:46 am »
If you both like Artesian... maybe you can work together...

Jodi

Big_Ed

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2004, 11:20:24 am »
Guess who just called me.  Yup, salesman #1.  Seems they found another $1200 in margin on the product after speaking with the dealer.

I have a deal at $8700 delivered plus tax.

:P

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2004, 11:40:00 am »
Sweet!!!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2004, 11:43:34 am »
Sometimes it seems the longer you shop the better the deals get.  My perception is that after you have visited multiple times and the dealer knows you are serious, they get serious.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

SunshyneGyrl

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2004, 12:44:08 am »
bulmer4nc- i have an optima and love it... i live in durham so im pretty sure we went to the same dealership... ive seen the tech from raleigh (my electrician messed up a few things) and he just works the raleigh area, you might want to ask the dealer where their service men come out of because when we were shopping, a couple of places were really talking trash about all the other dealers in the area.  we asked all the questions and talked with other customers.  the artesian spas are a 5 year old sundance for the same price! no titanium heater, no micro filter, no air blower, no extra control panel... just a few of the reasons we decided on the sundance.  and i know that they moved from capital blvd in raleigh last yr.  they had been there for about 13 yrs.  we looked at them when we first moved down here and they had just opened then.  all the salespeople there are really nice as well!  good luck

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2004, 01:51:08 pm »
Done!!!  Did the deal today and went with the Optima.  There are things we like about both tubs and things we dislike.  Basically we were more convinced that the Sundance tub was better quality and ended up with a pretty good deal.  All we have to do now is figure out how to get our backyard ready...

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2004, 01:59:49 pm »
Congrats fellow (soon to be) Optima owner  :D

Now for the wait. Not long but boy does it seem like it when you have so much anticipation.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2004, 01:59:49 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42