What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Saratoga spas...  (Read 17412 times)

Baston8005

Saratoga spas...
« on: February 19, 2009, 04:48:03 pm »
Pro's/cons????  Went and looked at a few models today.  We liked the Marcy model.  We dry sat in it, not to big and not to small.  Wife is 5'2 and I'm 6'2.  We both liked the lounge seat.  Salemen is going to fill the tub so we can wet test it sometime next week.  
So far we have looked at Jacuzzi J-345 and Caldera Hawaiian and Saratoga Marcy.  WE liked them in that order also, but the prices on the jacuzzi and caldera are out of our price range.  The marcy is in reach of our price range.  
Can you guys give me the low down on the The marcy?  If price was not an option, I would buy the jacuzzi tomorrow.  I don't think the Jacuzzi dealer will knock of $1200...

Thanks in advance

Hot Tub Forum

Saratoga spas...
« on: February 19, 2009, 04:48:03 pm »

castletonia

Re: Saratoga spas...
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 05:59:04 pm »
The place I work for sold Saratoga from 1997-2005.  In my opinion they were well made spas.  There was good jet variety and placement with good power.  They used Balboa electonics, Aqua-Flo pumps, Waterway jets, Sunstar covers.  They were energy efficient. The Marcy used the same shell mold as the Canfield which is Saratogas best selling spa. If the spas were not so expensive, we might still carry them.

Is it the standard package or the LE package?

Baston8005

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 07:12:53 pm »
The Marcy LE is $6299+tax and the Caroga is $5849+tax.  The Caldera Hawaiian is $7100.  The Caroga is the smallest tub and we both felt a little claustrophobic in it.  

drip-dry

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 08:39:45 pm »
I would look at a Hot Spring - Much better than all listed above. Since Caldera is made by Hot Spring anyway - check it out at least! We love ours! My wife is 4'11" - we have the Sovereign and it's perfect for us and the kids!

Vanguard

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 12:31:52 am »
I've always heard good things about Saratoga Spas.  They're not too fancy, but I believe they are well-made.

I would also look a the the Tiger River Spas from Hot Spring and the Limelight Spas from Hot Spring.  Hot Spring runs a banner ad on here for Limelight, so you can get to their website from that, or just click below

http://www.limelighthottubs.com/
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

aduvall

• 2008 HS Soverign
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 10:42:37 am »
Check out Hot Springs.
We have a 2008 Soverign and paid $7000 and we love it.
Ask for a floor model or last years model if cost is an issue.

Best advice I have been given on here is to check around and wet test before you buy.
Good luck! :)
2008 HS Soverign

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2009, 12:14:23 pm »
I would look at a Hot Spring - Much better than all listed above. Since Caldera is made by Hot Spring anyway - check it out at least! We love ours! My wife is 4'11" - we have the Sovereign and it's perfect for us and the kids!

Though HotSprings makes wonderful spas, I don't know if you can say they are much better than all listed above.  Jacuzzi and Caldera arguably build as quaility a spa and as others here have mentioned, the Saratoga seems to be pretty good also...just not as large a company.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 12:33:22 pm »
 He's on a budget, doubt a Hotspring will be within it??  Tiger river maybe?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2009, 01:02:45 pm »
The Marcy LE is $6299+tax and the Caroga is $5849+tax.  The Caldera Hawaiian is $7100.  The Caroga is the smallest tub and we both felt a little claustrophobic in it.  

You probably should tell the Caldera dealer that you like the spa but the price difference is an issue and you want to give him a chance to match (or see how close he comes). Its always a tricky thing because on the one hand its your $ and you don't want to spend more than you have to but on the other hand this purchase will be in your yard for the next decade+ and you have one chance the get the right spa for you and you don't want to sit in whatever spa you choose and think "maybe $X00 spread over the life of the spa wouldn't have been much of a big deal after all and I should have gotten the XXXXXX spa".

Take you time and be direct with the Saratoga, Caldera and Jacuzzi dealers about where your search stands.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Vanguard

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2009, 02:06:56 pm »

You probably should tell the Caldera dealer that you like the spa but the price difference is an issue and you want to give him a chance to match (or see how close he comes). Its always a tricky thing because on the one hand its your $ and you don't want to spend more than you have to but on the other hand this purchase will be in your yard for the next decade+ and you have one chance the get the right spa for you and you don't want to sit in whatever spa you choose and think "maybe $X00 spread over the life of the spa wouldn't have been much of a big deal after all and I should have gotten the XXXXXX spa".

Take you time and be direct with the Saratoga, Caldera and Jacuzzi dealers about where your search stands.

I'm convinced that most former hot tub owners that say they won't ever buy one again, didn't take the time to do what Spatech is suggesting.  They buy a spa they can afford, not the one that is best for them.  They get it home, don't really like the way it feels, don't use it and then say they'll never buy another hot tub.

If shoppers would take the time to find out what really works for them, they will be a much happier hot tub owner and will encourage others to buy one.

I've met former hot tub owners who try to talk people out of buying them.  Primarily, they do this for one of two things.  They were never comfortable in their spa, so all spas are bad, or they bought a crappy spa that had problems, so all spas are bad.  Once they've had that bad taste in their mouth, they won't even listen to reason after that.

So, do your homework.  Find the spa what will work for you and you'll be a happy hot tubber.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 02:07:44 pm by aquatub »
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Baston8005

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2009, 03:00:55 pm »
In the next few days, i will return to the Jacuzzi dealer with what I've learned and the prices I got for other tubs and see if he will budge....  Ditto with the Saratoga dealer.  Budgets sux!!!!!  LOL  
Thanks for the info folks.  I also looked and there will be a home show in CT is a few weeks....

castletonia

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2009, 03:07:36 pm »
From what I can remember, that seems like a pretty good price on the Saratoga Marcy LE.  The Caroga, not so much.

Vanguard

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2009, 03:55:03 pm »
In the next few days, i will return to the Jacuzzi dealer with what I've learned and the prices I got for other tubs and see if he will budge....  Ditto with the Saratoga dealer.  Budgets sux!!!!!  LOL  
Thanks for the info folks.  I also looked and there will be a home show in CT is a few weeks....

Be careful with homeshows.  It is good to go in with a good knowledge of prices.  Also, beware of the brands that display at your show that don't have a local dealer.  You'll want to stay away from them.

You can get some good deals at the home shows.  However, ask your dealers if they are going to have any specials at the home shows that you could get now.

It is best to make a decision on which spa you want, then negotiate.  Negotiations will ultimately get to the point of "if I do this for you, are you ready to make the decision?"  You need to be in the position to say yes if they are getting down to their final offer.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2009, 03:59:20 pm »

Be careful with homeshows.  It is good to go in with a good knowledge of prices.  [glow]Also, beware of the brands that display at your show that don't have a local dealer. [/glow] You'll want to stay away from them.

You can get some good deals at the home shows.  However, ask your dealers if they are going to have any specials at the home shows that you could get now.

It is best to make a decision on which spa you want, then negotiate.  Negotiations will ultimately get to the point of "if I do this for you, are you ready to make the decision?"  You need to be in the position to say yes if they are getting down to their final offer.

Well said, especially about shows where they may sell you a spa without having local support and once they're gone and the spa gets delivered you’re on your own. If you bring it up as a concern you'll get an earful on how they'll make it work without the local dealer but I wouldn't think about buying a spa from someone who was going to leave town a few days later.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 04:02:53 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Water Boy

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2009, 04:03:50 pm »

Well said, especially about shows where they may sell you a spa without having local support and once they're gone and the spa gets delivered you’re on your own. If you bring it up as a concern you'll get an earful on how they'll make it work without the local dealer but I wouldn't think about buying a spa from someone who was going to leave town a few days later.

Yeah, so stay away from a show like this!

http://www.poolandspashow.com/spahome.html
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2009, 04:03:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42