What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Flo Error on 2004 Sundance Altimar  (Read 1838 times)

robsss

Flo Error on 2004 Sundance Altimar
« on: August 26, 2014, 01:48:21 pm »
Have a flashing Flo error on my 2004 Sundance Altimar hot tub.

Had the same issue about 2 years ago and replaced the circ pump and was back in business. The pump was running extremely hot to the touch.

So I am getting the same flashing Flo error now.  Looking at the pressure/flow switch it is not making contact (i.e. not moving). I do see water flow though the pressure switch.

I drained and refilled the tub, ran the tub without the filter and replaced the pressure switch with a new one.  Still have the same issue.

When I put on the jets they all seem to be at normal output. The Flo error never goes away even with all of the jets on.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Steve

Hot Tub Forum

Flo Error on 2004 Sundance Altimar
« on: August 26, 2014, 01:48:21 pm »

clover

Re: Flo Error on 2004 Sundance Altimar
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 11:10:06 am »
When the flow switch does not close it is because of the lack of "adequate" water flow.  Based upon what you have said, I would be looking at the circulation pump.  If you have a volt meter, check for 240 volts going to the circ pump.  If the voltage is there, the pump is bad and needs to be replaced (again).
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

robsss

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 11:32:02 am »
Thanks for the quick reply.

Is it common for a pump to only last a couple of years?

And just to double check - the "main" pump does not push water through the switch, only the circ pump.

Is there anything else to look for at the circ pump (besides the voltage)?

-Steve

Kev B

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 11:50:02 am »
 Just ran into this issue not long ago on an 0/5 Majesta. The discharge of the circulation pump had a tee in it and some water went to another line away from the heater. I think this was a mistake for Sundance to do this, especially now that I see it again in here.(If yours is the same set-up) I called the dealer in town to talk to their head tech and he had no clue what I was talking about. So I went back to the job because customer had a bad experience with them and did not want them back. I disconnected the 3/4" line on the heater return and blew it out with a shop vac to see if their was a restriction in the line and found nothing unusual, but when I re-connected everything it restored enough flow to engage the flow switch. The line that bypassed the heater after the pump had very strong flow. I did a minimum charge on this one and told the customer to call me back if it happens again. I will call Sundance themselves next time, even though they only want to deal with their dealers.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 11:50:02 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42