What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cover Lifters Questions  (Read 2578 times)

Chartreux

Cover Lifters Questions
« on: August 21, 2014, 12:01:48 pm »
Looking for a cover lifter that will work best with no mountings on the side panel, So far I like:
1. Covermate II
and
2. Cover Rock it
will these work with either a Sundance Capri or Marquis The Spirit?

Are these good cover lifters?

I'm Looking for a good quality lifter that will be anchored to the bottom of the tub, by the tubs weight no side panel mounts.

Which of these would work the best and yet do the least amount of harm to the hot tub itself.

So the cover lifter will have to be in place before the hot tub is placed. What are your recommends?
I want to be well prepared...
Thank You

Hot Tub Forum

Cover Lifters Questions
« on: August 21, 2014, 12:01:48 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Cover Lifters Questions
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 12:28:24 pm »
Either of those will work, but from my experience, the Rock-it is one of the most cheaply built lifters out there. IMO the Covermate brands are the best, most durable well built lifters.

You need to have the spa in place (empty) FIRST, in order to install the slide under brackets. Simply pry up the corner of the spa with a small flat pry bar, and slide the bracket under (the spa MUST be empty of water).
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

buba

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 06:29:17 am »
I have the Covermate II. Works well and for a non-hydraulic lift it is easy enough for one person to use. Definitely plan on emptying the tub and have another person lift up the corner while you slip the deck plate under the tub and adjust after assembly is complete.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 10:49:38 am by buba »

Chartreux

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 11:11:53 pm »
Yes, Thank you this will help and I will look at the Covermate II...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 11:11:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42