What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Question for dealers  (Read 3075 times)

AGN

Question for dealers
« on: August 09, 2014, 09:54:26 pm »
Hello I'm located in northern Indiana. I have a retail location that sells BBQ grills, smokers and fireplaces. we our also HVAC contractors. I'm interested in selling and servicing spas. I have no knowledge of the spa industry but feel the business may be a good fit.  One of my grill reps is also a rep for Arctic spas and pitched us on his line, I'm in contact with Cal spa and the Coleman line. The purpose of my post is to get some insight and tips from spa dealers
such as brands I may want to look at or may want to stay away from. My current business is established and has a customer base over 10,000. I don't think the service end will be hard for my HVAC techs to pick up on with proper training and we have the retail space to display a few spas. Let me thank you in advance for any advice or guidance you can offer.

Bob

Hot Tub Forum

Question for dealers
« on: August 09, 2014, 09:54:26 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Question for dealers
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 01:24:03 pm »
 We are a heating company as well, stoves/fireplaces along with a HVAC commercial/residential heating  and radiant floor division.   We have been selling Jacuzzi brand for 13 years and recently brought on Bullfrog spas.    My honest opinion would be which you probably have done, but check out what other spa dealers do you have around you?

Arctic builds a great spa.   So does Bullfrog and they seem to be exploding into the market place. Marquis and Beachcomber are solid brands as well.  Trust me when I say stay away from Cal-spa/Coleman!  While they are decent spa's for the most part, I found the company more than difficult to deal with though the rep would tell you other wise!     Of course there is Jacuzzi, Sundance and Hot Springs, but my guess would be they are already in your location?

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 11:17:46 am »
Agree with Jim.  First step is to know what is available.  How much floor space do you plan to use?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

WatkinsWay

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 11:58:11 am »
Hello Bob,

My name is Carlos, I am the regional manager in your area for Watkins Mfg (Hot Spring, Caldera, Freeflow and Fantasy Spas). I'd love to chat with you further; depending on where you are located I may have opportunities for you. As a company, we bring much more than just spas to your floor; we partner with you to help you grow your business through sales training, marketing support,  showroom merchandising and excellent service support.

These are just a few of the things that we do to help build your business the "Watkins Way". Please feel free to reach out to me via email at: carlos.donaldson@watkinsmfg.com, or call me at 260-445-2428; I look forward to chatting with you soon-

Carlos

Carlos Donaldson
Regional Sales Mgr
Watkins Mfg Corp
(260) 445-2428 cell
carlos.donaldson@watkinsmfg.com email

AGN

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 09:26:19 pm »
Jim and Dan Thank you for the response

I did shop the area the nearest dealer to me is about 15 miles very large, established dealer: they have the Bullfrog line. 25 to 30 miles larger town has several dealers taking all the main brand names.
I'm thinking Artic may be the best way for me to go. I was thinking of starting with four or five display units but the waiting time for ordering units if your not stocking a large inventory is about eight weeks, I don't see someone waiting that long for a tub, I may be wrong is that a normal time?  I don't want to start this with excessive inventory or higher investment then necessary but I do want to do this correctly. The sales rep is suggesting a larger inventory and a swim spa. he is offering no incentives, time or further discounts for the larger startup purchase. I'm not sure if that's the norm in the industry almost all other products I carry come with buy up incentives. I'm not sure I'm even getting a good multiplier but I do respect the rep he sells me product from the grill industry. I just feel uneducated about the business of spas, a real rookie. I need and will take any advise I can get.

Thank You

Kev B

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 11:43:11 am »
 STAY AWAY from Cal Spas....I left them in 2007....maybe they have improved? BUT BACK THEN..very shoddy support for the warranty department and in the 6 years I was with them there was a large percentage of issues with the tub when delivered.(They did not wet test every tub after building) I also found a flaw in the filtration system which they told me to shut up or I would be fired. (I was the lead technician for a huge company in the midwest.)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2014, 01:00:05 am »
i was a HotSpring dealer from 1986 until about a month ago. I would highly recommend you check them out, and talk to Carlos.

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2014, 01:00:05 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42