What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Tub Reviews  (Read 3595 times)

Mybubbles65

Hot Tub Reviews
« on: August 07, 2014, 06:24:05 pm »
We have searched online for unbiased hot tub reviews and have none.  We would really like to see other peoples experiences with various brands. We are in Canada and considering Hydropool and Arctic Spa.

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Tub Reviews
« on: August 07, 2014, 06:24:05 pm »

Quickbeam

Re: Hot Tub Reviews
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 06:42:54 pm »
I don't know anything about Hydropool. There is another member on here who has Arctic Spa and speaks very highly of it. We just purchased our first hot tub a couple of months ago, so haven't had much time to give a proper evaluation. For what it's worth, we have the Jacuzzi J-345 and love it.

Good luck with your search!

And just curious, where in Canada are you? We are in B.C. in the Vancouver area.

Mybubbles65

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 06:47:15 pm »
We Re in Ontario, about an hour north of Toronto.

Mybubbles65

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 07:08:10 pm »
I understand beachcomber spas are made in bc. Any reason why you wouldn't have bought one of those?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 07:12:54 pm »
We have searched online for unbiased hot tub reviews and have none.  We would really like to see other peoples experiences with various brands. We are in Canada and considering Hydropool and Arctic Spa.

Both good brands. Set a budget. Make sure you check all the options in your area thoroughly. Wet test as many as you can if you want your experience more personal. Then come back and ask us about quality, manufacture reputation and our experience.
Retired

sksmoker

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2014, 01:26:27 am »
we went with a coast, also made in bc. We didn't fit in any of the beachcomber tubs well. We were very close to buying the Arctic Tundra. very nice tub. cant help with hydropool. We are in SK.

kitchener

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2014, 09:24:11 am »
Your best bet is to do some digging, maybe over a 50 mile radius, and figure out what brands are available in that radius.  Then research those brands here with the Search function to quickly get a feel for which are the more respected brands.  From there, figure out your price point, and then start scheduling wet-tests from that short list. 

I quickly learned after wet-testing that what was jumping out at me ON PAPER, evaporated during a wet-test, either because some types had us floating out of our seats more than others, or because some turned out to be much for effective than others (all the brands we tested were highly-regarded, so as you can surmise, your mileage may vary after you've been in one).

Bottom-line, regardless of the "best hot tubs out there," you want to find the best brands near you, and then wet-test them.  Even if you're sold on Arctic, it's nice to have a basis of comparison.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 09:27:29 am by kitchener »

Quickbeam

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2014, 09:44:57 am »
Only thing I'll add is that it is also extremely important to go with a dealer that you are comfortable with. I think there are really two aspects to this. First is to find a good reliable tub that fits you and you are comfortable in (eg. - wet test). Next is to make sure you buy from a dealer that has a good reputation and that you trust.

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 07:08:09 pm »
I have an Artic Klondiker, and I love it.   I purchased it "on line" from Artic and had a very good buying experience.   I have some pictures posted in the picture area of this site.   Check it out!   Good luck with your purchase

OnMedic

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2014, 10:17:18 pm »
My Bubbles...

Where in Canada are you?

It looks you have looked at two of the three most known Canadian Hot Tub MFG. Beachcomber being the other. We had BC last time around and loved it, but this time around we have just ordered a Sundance. We wanted a few more bells than the BC was offering, but I still do beleive that have some of the best made tubs.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2014, 10:17:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42