What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Shopping & totally confused! Thoughts on these spas?  (Read 19782 times)

Bullfrog Spas Support

Re: Shopping & totally confused! Thoughts on these spas?
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2014, 02:51:09 pm »
Mr Jake,..the model that was looking like the one we're going with is the LA Spa Allure 3 signature series. But a dealer near us who has that line, interestingly also happens to have a Bull frog A5L(a model that was in our top 3 but chose LA spa)  floor model that she is talking highly of it and said would give me a great deal on it.

So Jake, if you don't mind me putting you on the spot & making you work for your money tell me some strong points that you feel features/jets/benefits the A5L has that the Allure 3 lacks or doesn't do as well as the A5L.

FYI - the reason why we ended up going with the LA spa Allure 3 is because they have many standard features that our other finalists like Clearwater XS76R would be an optional feature that we have to pay extra for. The standard features the Allure 3 has are: F/X LED fountain lights, 4 Ultimate FX fountains, Air injector therapy, Quadrant Therapy System.

Give me your best shot & persuade me to sway from the Allure 3 to the A5L.  :)  You've got a tough opponent, the Allure 3 has 2 pumps & 37 jets. Btw how is it possible for the A5L to have up to 137 jets? none of the 3 jets packs to be placed won't equate to 137 jets. Lastly, the Allure 3 is the only mfg that has option for a stone cabinet which neither Clearwater or Bullfrog can offer. We like that different stone look on the cabinet.

Petals,

Wow, you're making me earn it today :) First, I'm going to say I don't honestly know much about the other spa you're asking about so I'll just state my opinion on Bullfrog Spa Model A5L. Also, I'm going to stay true to forum rules here and just try to be helpful with information you're asking for.

Best answer: The JetPak Therapy System. This patented way to build a spa makes Bullfrog Spas inherently different from every other conventional spa you can compare it to. You choose your massages (not a big deal for some but it is never a bad thing). The JetPak Therapy System plumbing is ultra-efficient (if you took the cabinet and insulation off each of these spas and just looked at the plumbing you would understand at first glance). This impacts performance, energy efficiency and reliability. Bullfrog Spas are also built on a very durable wood-free structure and are engineered to impeccably tight tolerances.

I realize this answer doesn't really fit the criteria by which you seem to be making your decision, but this in my opinion. I would highly suggest a wet test if you haven't already.

On the max jet count: If you selected 3 RainShower JetPaks (42 jets ea.) you would have 126 jets. Add these to the foot, leg, and additional jets and you get that figure. This is, of course, the max jet count and not many people would decide to outfit their spa that way. However, let's say you select a very reasonable JetPak selection of an Alleviate, a RainShower, and a Reliever. This gives you 67 jets, still impressive if jet count matters to you. What would matter more than a count is how these 3 JetPaks would feel (I'm missing being in my spa already just thinking about it).

Feel free to discuss this with a private message if you'd like more information.

All the best. You're going to love your new hot tub.

Jake
Bullfrog Spas
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 04:31:34 pm by Forum Admin »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2014, 02:51:09 pm »

Bullfrog Spas Support

« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2014, 02:54:32 pm »
Hi Jake,

After we designed our A5L, selected the jet packs & accessories the result came out and was saved to our nearest local dealer in Utah which is 2 states away and that our chosen design will be handled by that dealer. But I spoke with a Dagmar at Hydro spa in Woodland Hills which is only about a 2 hr drive away yesterday when she gave me a quote on the Allure 3. IDK why, could be Hydro Spa is a new dealer and not yer updated on Bullfrog's website.

Petals,

Yes, the dealer locator has a max distance which differs according to the area. If you're outside that max it will refer you to a factory rep who will refer you to the dealer that can most reasonably serve you.

Best,
Jake
Bullfrog Spas

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2014, 02:54:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42