What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2013 vs. 2014 Hotsprings Envoy  (Read 8165 times)

akm

2013 vs. 2014 Hotsprings Envoy
« on: May 28, 2014, 09:20:13 pm »
Greetings...

I have a quote in hand for a 2013 HS Envoy from my local dealer for ~10.5k including sales tax, delivery, plastic steps and a lifter. I think this seems pretty decent, and they are indicating this is much lower than they could do for a new 2014.

So, my main question is what, if any, features have been added or changes have been made to the 2014 HS Envoys? Google fails me on this and it doesn't seem like this information is readily available.

If I could indulge in a second question - due to space constraints I am unable to use a cover lifter that mounts to the side of the spa as even adding 6-8" for the Lift n Glide is a no go (this is going under a second story deck with just enough clearance between the house and the deck posts).

I found a couple rear-mount options that seem like they'd work, the "best" of which seems to be the "Cover Caddy".   http://www.covervalet.com/products/coverlifters/caddy/

Should I have reservations about this? I'd be on the hook for install as the dealer doesn't sell it but it appears pretty straight forward.

Thoughts on the HS 2014s/this cover lifter solution?

Thanks much - the collective wisdom of this board has already educated me a great deal and probably has saved a ton of headaches.

Hot Tub Forum

2013 vs. 2014 Hotsprings Envoy
« on: May 28, 2014, 09:20:13 pm »

Chartreux

Re: 2013 vs. 2014 Hotsprings Envoy
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 09:30:54 pm »
There is a small change on size of the 2013 and 2014 tubs Envoy going smaller in height and jetsetter getting deeper...not sure on the other models...

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 09:44:12 pm »
Unless there is a drastic difference in the model years and the newer one has a must have then go with the best price. I will assume that the dealer will start the warranty from your delivery date if the tub was sitting in his showroom.

As far as the cover lifter, based on the photos it looks as though you'll need a lot of room on the back side to use the cover caddy, if you have the room then it should work OK. It looks like the install is putting it together and sliding it under the spa. Here are the instructions: http://www.spadepot.com/docs/cover_caddy_instructions.pdf. I have the covermate III and the gas shocks do make a difference IMO.

akm

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 10:20:36 pm »
Thanks for the responses - seems like not much has changed with the 2014s as best I can tell. We have essentially unlimited clearance behind the spa, which seems to be the trade off for not being able to mount something on the sides.

dunecritter

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 12:34:49 am »
There is a small change on size of the 2013 and 2014 tubs Envoy going smaller in height and jetsetter getting deeper...not sure on the other models...
This is actually not correct...The 2014 Envoy actually went bigger and deeper and the jetsetter stayed the same but the NXT Jetsetter got deeper. 2014 Envoy =7'9" x 7'7" x 38"H....2013 Envoy 7'9" x 7'5" x 36"H.  both 2013 and 2014 jetsetters 7' x 5'5" x 29".

The 2014 Envoy is ALOT different with a new larger size, all new BMW Group DesignworksUSA physical and cosmetic changes, A complete new backrest angle with the Lumbar removed and the new lighting features, 4 more jets added, and the HP was bumped up on one of the two pumps...But one of the best changes to the new 2014 is the wireless RF remote with touchscreen and water proof controls. The cabinet is the all new Everwood large horizontal panels vs the small vertical strips found on the Hot Spot and Limelight series tubs. And also a whole new color pallet to choose from....Almost forgot that the 2014 cover is also an improvement with a sealing gasket the whole length between the two folding halves to better insulate heat loss in colder climates.

Chartreux

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 03:36:16 pm »
The Jet Setter NXT is 33' deep, and if you like Hot Springs and only need a smaller tub then the NXT line for Hot Springs is probably worth a look, just call and ask if they have NXT at your dealer, our local dealer did not have the 2014's in yet and had signs mixed up on the spas, so that's probably why I got the envoy sizing wrong...The knobs are hard to turn on the 2013 models, I have RA(Rheumatoid Arthritis- right hand and both hips) and the knobs were very hard for me to turn. So make sure to check out every feature on your Spa, having large knobs is a plus but if the are hard to turn that a no go for me...The dealer kept telling me the NXT was the same size in the Jet Setter and I said no it's deeper according to the website and he had to check on that.

Would be nice if the Dealers kept pace with the websites.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 03:36:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42