What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I bought a used hot tub yesterday. Can you help me identify it?  (Read 4071 times)

carwhisperer

I bought this yesterday for $50. I like the fact that it is very light. I only needed one other person to help me move it. I can't find a brand or model number on it but I did find a serial number: (21)030813110 and another number 81245600102 and a number on an electrical box, HT 1000 MB. The google didn't come up with anything for any of those numbers. It appears to be missing a sensor, the location of which is shown in one of the pictures. It seems to be a pretty simple unit. Can you help?

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: I bought a used hot tub yesterday. Can you help me identify it?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 01:58:15 pm »
  Well its a roto mold spa,  pretty sure it's not a freeflow, might be a older dream maker maybe?    The sensor missing is either a high limit which I think is the one in there the other was a temp sensor.   

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 02:08:25 pm »
Doesn't really matter what brand the tub is. JJ is correct, it could be Dream Maker, but what you need to know is that the control box was made by Len Gordon. The "HT" part of the model number means the tub has no heater. What? That's right, no heater. It used "Heat Transfer" from the pump and or pump motor to get the water hot. Takes days to get up to temp in cold weather, and can't keep hot in freezing temps.

You may find info on line about a replacement system which has a model number of HT-1000-Y2K, but I strongly recommend you replace it with something different: something with a heater. There are 'Plug n Play' systems available, they have a 1000 watt heater (which can switch to 4000 watt if you go 220 volt). Those can plug into most any outlet on 110 volt, hardwire on 220 volt.

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 02:10:20 pm »
BTW - yes, there were two temp sensors. Normally, there would be one on the tub and one on the heater, or one on the inlet to the heater and one on the outlet from the heater, but when there is no heater, they put them both on the tub.

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

carwhisperer

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 11:18:31 am »
Thank you so much for the help! As you indicate, based on the diagram on the electrical box lid, that must be either a hi limit or temp sensor. Do you know how I can test to determine which of the two is there and how I can find a replacement for the one that is missing?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 11:18:31 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42