What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Questions about Sundance  (Read 3932 times)

Chartreux

Questions about Sundance
« on: May 09, 2014, 12:08:59 pm »
Does SunDance own Jacuzzi? and why only a 1 year Warranty on the Cabinet on  these hot tubs? Everything else is either 2-5-7 or 10 yrs but the cabinet?
Do the smaller spas/hot tubs have the cool down chair? As I've been looking no one really states the cool down chair on the 2-3 or 3-4 Hot Tubs???
The Victoria lists a multi level cool down what is that??? As I'm still new to all this and looked at the Sunance website I can really appreciate the help.

Hot Tub Forum

Questions about Sundance
« on: May 09, 2014, 12:08:59 pm »

clover

Re: Questions about Sundance
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 12:37:46 pm »
Sundance does not own Jacuzzi.  Jacuzzi International bought Sundance Spas in 1998 in order to bring their brand into the top of the manufacturing mix.  They may have a recognizable name, but their product in the 90's didn't move that well, so they bought one of the industry leaders, and now they own Sundance spas who now makes Jacuzzi Spas, as well.  They have since bought a couple of other spa manufactures in the industry that continue under their own identity possibly making them one of the larger manufacturers, if not the largest shareholder in the industry.

1 year warranty, every cabinet will be exposed to some sort of external damage i.e. fading from the UV rays from the sun, or concentrated sun that can warp panels.  The cabinet was without defect on departure and is expected to be the same on delivery, time does everything else.

Space is more precious in smaller spas that do not have the "room" for specialized seating.  Larger spas have more of an opportunity to include them in the layout without taking away from another seat.

Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 01:59:02 pm »
 Plus one on what Clover said.     Also failure rates on skirting is very low, I have seen some warp from extreme heat and direct sun but it is rare..    Like anything though with direct sun and the UV rays a panel can fade but it is usually pretty uniform and not noticed by most.   

Chartreux

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 03:43:43 pm »
Thank you, I was getting confused as there were threads that said Jacuzzi bought out Sundance and more that said Sundance bought Jacuzzi, and when comparing the Jacuzzi and Sundance they are similar in many ways. I didn't want to get them confused. Sorta like Lionel bought out K-line (in the model train world).  Just wanted to know what I was buying...
Thank you about the skirting info and cool down seats.... So when they say Sundance makes the best hot tubs on here, they really mean Jacuzzi...

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 05:36:32 pm »
Sundance does make a great tub.  If your looking for a smallish tub with a coll down seat look at the Marquis Spirit.  It's a 3-4 person tub with a cool down seat

Chartreux

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2014, 02:21:04 pm »
Visited a Sundance dealer yesterday, wow a bit pushy on the sales and don't think they really want anyone to do a wet tests. We were able to sit in a few and liked the Victoria, overall. But the person wanted a sale so much and we didn't want to commit without a wet test...
Looked on Jacuzzi's website and the J-LXL looks about the same a bit small, but a better energy rating so we'll look at a Jacuzzi dealer soon...
Sure wish they had a blue or green Textured tub, 2 other's were also asking about a blue textured tub....

Pers Onal

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 01:05:12 pm »
a bit pushy on the sales and don't think they really want anyone to do a wet tests. ....we didn't want to commit without a wet test...
The salesperson would love to sell you without the risk of a wet test not satisfying you.

IMO, you are buying blind without a wet test and should hold out for one.

I would not buy one without wet test. Granted, if they don't have one set up then I believe it appropriate for them to ask for a deposit prior to setting one up for me.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2014, 03:15:29 pm »
a bit pushy on the sales and don't think they really want anyone to do a wet tests. ....we didn't want to commit without a wet test...
The salesperson would love to sell you without the risk of a wet test not satisfying you.

I would not buy one without wet test. Granted, if they don't have one set up then I believe it appropriate for them to ask for a deposit prior to setting one up for me.

That makes even less sense.    Dealers that don't offer some kind of a wet test floor me.. 

Chartreux

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2014, 03:30:59 pm »
We walked away from that dealer, will go to a Jacuzzi dealer on Saturday...An investment this huge, yeah I'll wet tests of course...

dunecritter

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2014, 04:44:16 pm »
Personally I think wet tests are great to the user/buyer to see how the tub fits them in size and if the seats are comfortable to them and I just had a Gleam, Grandee and a Tempo wet tested this morning alone. Just keep in mind that there is still more to think about than just how it feels. There are plenty of not so great hot tubs out there that feel great wet with hot water and jets pumping.  Find out what brand, size and options you want first and then compare those and only those...otherwise you will confuse yourself like crazy. If you happen to like the feel of the worlds worst hot tub and buy on that feeling alone you will soon regret your purchase with breakdowns and poor efficiency. Also remember that the best package is a tub that feels good, has a good warranty, and has a local supporting dealer. Any hot tub manufacture can stuff big pumps in the tub but you will eventually see why that's not the best decision as its too powerful to enjoy and you simply hate paying the larger utility bills. It should be powerful "Enough" and still be efficient. The top tier brands/manufactures have this figured out.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2014, 05:34:22 pm »

Why would someone feel obligated to leave a deposit before wet testing?  Why would a company ask for that?  We sell lots of hot tubs and most people don't wet test but the people who do are glad they did

Quickbeam

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2014, 06:01:18 pm »
Dealers seem to be all over the place in regards to wet testing. When we first starting looking at tubs, we drove a fair distance to see Hotspring. Not only did the dealer not have a great selection of tubs, of those he did have he would not allow any wet testing. Needless to say that killed any interest we had in Hotspring. We went to a Jacuzzi / Sundance dealer, and not only did he allow us to wet test, he brought in a tub for us with no obligation to purchase and no deposit of any kind required. We did buy off him, although we did not buy the tub he brought in for us.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2014, 06:01:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42