What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ozone Generator won't shut off (Coleman 455)  (Read 1574 times)

hoiman

Ozone Generator won't shut off (Coleman 455)
« on: May 13, 2014, 01:52:24 pm »
I replaced a very old and non-functioning ozone generator on my used Coleman 455 (1999), and initially everything seemed fine, but now I'm noticing that the ozone generator doesn't seem to be turning off after the filter cycle.

During the removal of the old ozone generator, I noticed the "O3 Enable" jumper was not enabled on the Balboa board (400RC3).  I assumed the previous owner had simply disabled the jumper (J16) and left the old unit in place.  After I installed the new ozone generator (ClarathonXL 240v - J-Plug), I enabled the "O3 Enable" jumper.

I powered up the tub, and everything functioned normally (pumps, heat, blower, lights).  I waited for the filter cycle and saw the ozone generator kicking on (green light within unit) and the "O3" icon was showing on the control panel.  I was also able to smell ozone coming from the injectors.

Yesterday I had the panels off for some Maintenance and when I got home at the end of the day (2 hours after the 2nd filter cycle), the ozone generator was still glowing/running.  Assuming something was just "stuck" i killed the power to the tub, but when I turned it back on, the generator started glowing again.

Has anybody ran into this issue with either a Coleman or that version of the Balboa board? 

Should I leave the jumper (J16) alone (disabled)?  If so, I'm assuming the "O3" indicator will no longer display, and I'll have to re-test the filter cycle is truly activating and de-activating the generator correctly.

Thanks for any input on this question.  I'm hoping we've still got a few Coleman aficionados out there  :)

Thanks!
--Hoiman

Hot Tub Forum

Ozone Generator won't shut off (Coleman 455)
« on: May 13, 2014, 01:52:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42