What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: paver foundation  (Read 3067 times)

hottubdude

paver foundation
« on: May 09, 2014, 10:34:50 pm »
I just bought a Hot springs tub and hooking up electric next week.  I placed it on
brick pavers which have been there for 14 years.  The base appears to be level though
not formally levelled recently.  The tub has a few gaps underneath, where I can place a finger
under the tub.  Should I move the tub and have it formally leveled by a professional or is it ok
to fill up and call it a day.  Over time will it show structural issues if I leave it

Hot Tub Forum

paver foundation
« on: May 09, 2014, 10:34:50 pm »

Topline Mike

Re: paver foundation
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 11:18:25 pm »
Well, appears to be level and level are two different things.  Lay a 4ft level on the top rail of the tub and see where is actually is.  I have a brick paver patio, but mine heaves too much with the frost coming out of the ground, so I built a small deck that our tub sits on. 

Lionheart_CHP

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 07:53:48 am »
Not intending to hijack, but I have a very related question.

I'm building an expansion to my lanai and will be placing my spa in this expansion.  The floor will be paver brick, but about 2' above natural grade.  My house is about 3' above grade with the existing lanai 4" down from that.  (Lots of fill dirt).  We're in Florida, so no freeze worries. 

Do we need any special footings directly under the spa?  By my calcs, we're looking at less than 100 pounds per square foot, so I wouldn't think so.

hottubdude

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 08:48:42 am »
This is also in FL, no snow.  The level is perfectly level on top of tub on all 4 sides.  I was concerned of the areas underneath the tub where intermittently there were some gaps on the side along the bottom.  Thoughts?

dunecritter

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2014, 10:22:03 am »
It is always best to have the most level and "Flat" surface to set a spa as it will give the best support and with even weight distribution...You did not say which HS product and that matters...If its a Hot Spot or limelight product I would take some cedar or even better plastic wedge shims for door installation and wedge them under the spa to take up the gaps to offer more support. If It's a High Life I would say don't worry about it unless it was a Grandee possibly but it never hurts to have the most support possible. Once the shims have been tapped tightly under the spa you can take a sharp chisel and hammer to chop off anything visible that didn't fit under the spas frame.

hottubdude

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2014, 11:07:15 am »
It's a limelight flair
Makes sense to add extra support
I only use a 2 foot level
But it was quite level on top

dunecritter

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2014, 11:36:17 am »
Great model...I would shim it to be safe and your plenty level.... Enjoy it!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2014, 11:36:17 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42