What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Filter snapped off?  (Read 2062 times)

Topline Mike

Filter snapped off?
« on: May 07, 2014, 03:32:32 pm »
A few days ago I removed the filter cover on my jacuzzi J375 to do some cleaning, and I notice one of my filters is floating.  Well, the threaded part on the bottom of the filter broke right off, and the threads were still in the hole.  I have no idea how this happened, as the cover never comes off except for cleaning.  I asked the kids about it and they shrugged their shoulders.  Did I tighten them too much or what?  The filters are only 1 month old.  I talked to the dealer where I bought them, and he said he will replace it, just bring in the pieces so they can take a look at it. 

Hot Tub Forum

Filter snapped off?
« on: May 07, 2014, 03:32:32 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Filter snapped off?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 08:36:18 pm »
  I see filters come in once in awhile like that, usually they over tighten them and they are hard to remove.  In your case I think it's just the 1 in a 1000 defect.    Blame it on the kids anyway  ;D

Just a heads up, 90% of the time if a waterfall breaks or leaks it's because somebody sat on it, usually teens or young adult partiers.   

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Filter snapped off?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 08:36:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42