What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: If I get A Prescription, then....  (Read 3129 times)

Chartreux

If I get A Prescription, then....
« on: May 03, 2014, 07:17:41 pm »
If my doctor writes me a prescription for a spa then is Sales taxes added in or not? I'm handicapped with a cane.
Will Spa/Hot tub Dealers be able to work with me if I get a prescription and does it qualify as a tax deduction?
Any help, Thank You
I'm in Texas...

Hot Tub Forum

If I get A Prescription, then....
« on: May 03, 2014, 07:17:41 pm »

llc

Re: If I get A Prescription, then....
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 09:02:53 am »
Great question! I am wondering the same thing as my husband and I both suffer from back problems. I know when we purchased our last mattress, the store was willing to take the sales tax off with a script. I have been wondering the same thing about the tubs. I have not had a chance to ask my dr. yet.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 11:17:54 am »
Great question! I am wondering the same thing as my husband and I both suffer from back problems. I know when we purchased our last mattress, the store was willing to take the sales tax off with a script. I have been wondering the same thing about the tubs. I have not had a chance to ask my dr. yet.

Ask a couple local dealers who should know what the deal is in your state.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

girlinhotwater

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 11:53:13 am »
I know that Illinois you used to be able to deduct the sales tax, but the law changed several years ago and we can no longer get in on that savings. Every state is different so you need to ask your local dealer. As far as tax deductions go, if you are 65 years or older and itemize your deductions, you CAN deduct all medical expenses that exceed 7.5% of your adjusted gross income through 2016. It used to be 7.5% for everyone but the IRS recently raised it to 10%. I would include a copy of the RX from your doctor when you file your return. You should call your accountant though to be sure of how this purchase will affect you.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 11:53:13 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42