What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Saratoga vs Hot Springs  (Read 7267 times)

janda9800

Saratoga vs Hot Springs
« on: March 30, 2014, 08:55:32 am »
Please help - looking/researching hot tubs and I think I have narrowed it down to Hot Springs or Saratoga.  Saratoga is about 4K cheaper but seem to be pretty comparable to Hot Springs.  The two models I am comparing are the Canfield vs the Envoy.  Any and all feedback welcome ... PLEASE.  This has been the most confusing and laborious process (buying my home was much easier!).   BTW, I live in Vermont.

Hot Tub Forum

Saratoga vs Hot Springs
« on: March 30, 2014, 08:55:32 am »

rosewoodsteel

Re: Saratoga vs Hot Springs
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 10:06:35 am »
Janda,

Good luck in finding the spa that works for you.
I didn't know anything about Saratoga, so I jumped on their website to learn a little bit about them.
Perhaps it was right in front of my face, but I didn't see any mention of their warranty.   I even looked over one of their owners manuals and couldn't find warranty information. 

I would want to know how their warranty stacked up against the Hot Springs tub?
Who manufactures their pumps and controls.  How do they build their frames?   

These are some of the questions I would want answers to.

Enjoy your hunt!    I just finished buying cars for my wife and myself, and found the car buying process to be a breeze compared to my hot tub search. :)

H2O

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 10:15:57 am »
Hi janda.I Own a Saratoga Marcy and have had it 2 years this May.This is our 1st hot tub and have been very pleased with it and use it 4 to 5 times a week.Have had no mechanical promblems.I use Nature2 and Renew,shock once a week with Chlorine.The filters seem to be on the small side.So I clean them once a week or two.The tub is full foam and has been reasonable to run(live in NH).It will depend on how much you use it and what temp you like to have it at.I bought it from a local dealer who has been great to deal with.I bought the Saratoga on what I thought was a good spa at a price that was more in line with what I could afford.Only time will tell me if it was the right choice.
Good luck in finding the right hot tub for you!

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 01:22:13 pm »
What kind of warranty does Saratoga have?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 01:44:26 pm »
What kind of warranty does Saratoga have?

Depends which series but there higher end series carry the same warranty as a Hot Spring or any other high end tub.  They make a nice tub and are very popular in the Northeast.  I don't think they are quite as nice as Marquis, Hot Springs, Sundance or Jacuzzi but they are right in that next level.  No proprietory parts .  They were using Gecko electronics and Aqua Flo pumps.  Their Luxury line is real nice.  They come standard with circ pumps and have full foam insulation.  They make other series such as the adirondak and SE series where there warranty is less but it's still a decent tub

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 01:50:50 pm »
They look real nice on their website.  I just didn't notice anything mentioned about their warranty. If they are 4K cheaper than a comparable Hot Springs, I can see why Janda is considering it.   

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 01:50:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42