What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: balboa malfunction  (Read 1977 times)

NOG1967

balboa malfunction
« on: March 03, 2014, 02:16:03 pm »
Hi To All hope somone can help/advise
Just set up a wooden hot tub with a balboa GS501Z and a VL401 control panel purchased these items secound hand and not from the same sourch.
Seemed to be working ok filter cycles for 2hrs in every twelve in economy mode but when i want to wake the hot tub up i switch it to standered mode and the heater kicks in but no pump so then the unit all shuts down as the balboa detects no flow and over heating.
If i then switch off at the mains and then switch back on system is fine until i put it back into economy mode and then try to wake it up.
I was told the control panel was compatable, have tried changing various jumpers around but still the same problem.

I have a 1HP circulation pump and a blower attached
Please can some one advise how i need connect above items to balboa and how to set the jumpers to suit 
cheers all

Brett
United Kingdom

Hot Tub Forum

balboa malfunction
« on: March 03, 2014, 02:16:03 pm »

goneaway

Re: balboa malfunction
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 06:20:18 am »
Hi Brett.

Welcome to the forum.
Personally, i think you'll struggle to find the answer, as you probably have a custom setup.
You may be the pioneer.
I hope i'm wrong at that someone comes along shortly.
I'm not familiar with any of the components you mentioned as I'm just an end user.
I found this manual, which mentions on page 6, possibly something about 2 pumps ??
http://www.balboawatergroup.com/getdoc.cfm?id=749

There are a few engineers and shop owners on here, but tend to be over the pond, in the States and Canada, so there is always a 24hr delay in response times, you are not being ignored.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 06:30:35 am by keat63 »

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 08:01:48 am »
Some pictures of the circuit board and the wiring diagram would really help out in this type of situation.  Maybe also a general picture of the equipment.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 08:01:48 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42