What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Thinking of getting a Caldera Cantabria  (Read 10015 times)

Stubby

Thinking of getting a Caldera Cantabria
« on: July 19, 2013, 08:05:30 pm »
Hello all. I am thinking of purchasing the Cantabria but the local dealer here doesn't have one for me to wet test. Is there a big difference in how the jets compare between the different models that use the same jets? So if I wet tested the Tahitian would it be like what the Cantabria would be like as far as the jets are concerned?  Also after reading and reading through the forums I noticed that there isn't much information on the Cantabria. Is this because there aren't very many Cantabria owners out there? One last question: I was quoted 14K (includes delivery, cover, cover lifter,) and was wondering if this is a reasonable price.

Hot Tub Forum

Thinking of getting a Caldera Cantabria
« on: July 19, 2013, 08:05:30 pm »

kporter

Re: Thinking of getting a Caldera Cantabria
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 09:23:12 am »
Hi Stubby,
I have never had the chance to test out the Cantabria. It is too large to fit through my loading dock doors at our store. Is the 14K including taxes? Pretty reasonable price if it is, of course it depends on where you live.

Porter

bertz3

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 06:37:19 pm »
I was just quoted 12,800 for Cantabria (plus tax, if applicable). Did not see it though but, from the description--it seems like an awesome spa.

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 08:51:38 pm »
I was just quoted 12,800 for Cantabria (plus tax, if applicable). Did not see it though but, from the description--it seems like an awesome spa.

12.8k is a very good price that that size Caldera.

bertz3

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 05:56:59 pm »
I am torn between the Hot Springs and the Caldera spas.  I like the Hot Spring Vista features (controls seem more intuitive, like the Ace system), but the Caldera Geneva and Cantabria are great spas also with better pricing and a dealer that is known for excellent service, which is extremely important.  We are still debating and trying to figure out whether to place spa on EZ pad, concrete pad, or cinderblocks.  With either option, we would plan on adding a paver path from deck, keeping a 2-ft clearance on all sides of the spa.  Any  comments on the foundation for the spa or any of these models?

Stubby

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 07:49:31 pm »
Thank you all for your comments. I plan on setting the spa on a 10' x 10' platform built out of 2" x 6" boards that are spaced 12" apart with 3/4" plywood on the top. Everything will be painted/sealed. Unless this isn't a suitable pad?

kporter

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 02:03:44 pm »
What is this platform going to be supported by?

Stubby

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2013, 01:02:13 am »
The platform will be on the ground.  Just talked with the dealer again and the price without the audio options is now $10,000 + tax.

antscozz

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2014, 10:03:43 am »
Hey Stubby just sent you a PM ... did you ever purchase the Cantabrina?   I'm also in NY and interested in the model .... Anthony

Clark

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2014, 07:02:19 pm »
Hi stubby.    Sounds like your first quote was 14 and you finally paid 10.    How to you get them to move so much.   Seems like a low price.   Was this a floor model?

Flyonthewall

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2014, 07:45:59 pm »
it would make sense if it was a floor model.  the utopia series made a major improvement to their controls this year.  they wouldn't want to intermingle old product next to the new.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2014, 07:45:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42