What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: kicked a hole in my skirting  (Read 3479 times)

hanexs

kicked a hole in my skirting
« on: January 02, 2014, 04:56:52 pm »
Hi all,

I bought a 2009 Bullfrog Hot tub second hand, earlier this year.  I can't rave about it enough.

But it was covered in haaaard to remove ice, and I thought (like an idiot) a good kick would fix that.   Well that worked, until I tried it again and I kicked a whole through my skirting.

I dont have a warranty since its second hand.  I imagine bull frog will charge me a pretty penny for the whole side of the tub.   Anyone have suggestions for replacements?   I am thinking about waiting until spring and trying to match the side with laminate florring type materials.  Or maybe some metal decorative sign to go over it.

I have plywood against the whole right now.   Any advice?

Hot Tub Forum

kicked a hole in my skirting
« on: January 02, 2014, 04:56:52 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: kicked a hole in my skirting
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 05:57:04 pm »
 A new side panel from Jacuzzi would run you around 150 bucks, from us anyway,,   Might be worth a price check from BF. 

meriflower

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 07:02:02 pm »
I agree with Jacuzzi Jim - check with Bullfrog.  There is a Contact Us on their web page or they also have a Facebook page.  I do see that they respond pretty quickly on Facebook.

Also glad to hear you like your tub as we are getting one delivered next Wed, a 2013 R6L.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 07:52:35 pm by meriflower »

meriflower

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 07:53:39 pm »
I like the golden frog one!   :D

Mudheadsports

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 09:48:47 am »
Call fb and see if they have a "seconds" piece available........just thinkin

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 01:55:18 pm »
Couple of thoughts:

1) Why not glue all of the pieces back in.   There is a epoxy plastic glue that might work.
2) Bite the bullet and buy new siding from Bullfrog.
3) Have nude women stand in front of it.   Guys usually focus on the women, not the skirt. 

Mudheadsports

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 02:08:16 pm »
Ok.....and don't kick the siding again........

hanexs

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2014, 08:19:07 pm »
thanks everyone for your replies, think Ill wait to the spring and worry about it then.  I am also building a deck around it this spring, so pretty low priority... just feel like an idiot for doing it lol

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2014, 06:30:49 pm »
thanks everyone for your replies, think Ill wait to the spring and worry about it then.  I am also building a deck around it this spring, so pretty low priority... just feel like an idiot for doing it lol

Hey, if that's the dumbest think you've ever done, you don't have anything to worry about. :)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2014, 02:35:58 pm »
Not many people know this, but I was a dealer for "Phoenix" spas for a short time. Less than a year.

We did a home show with six Phoenix tubs, one HotSpring (Jetsetter) and one Hot Spot tub. We sold two of the Jetsetters and the HotSpot, but did not sell any Phoenix units.

I only mention this because the Phoenix tubs arrived with some scratching and marking on one side. The rep was there - nice enough guy - and I mentioned that the siding looked a bit thin and perhaps a bit weaker than what I was used to with the Watkins products.

He proceeded to offer to show me how tough the material was - by kicking a hole in the siding. It only took him ONE good swift kick, and his foot went right through. He had to work to extricate his foot, and it came out without his shoe...By the time he was finished, we had to strip the whole side of the spa and toss all the paneling for that whole side. He used the open spa to "show off" the construction of the unit, and frankly I think that may have contributed to us not selling any Phoenix at that show.

It can happen to the best of us...

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2014, 02:35:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42