What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Warranty For Jet Gaskets???  (Read 1986 times)

Quickbeam

Warranty For Jet Gaskets???
« on: January 11, 2014, 01:09:59 pm »
I have another post about the warranty for Marquis tubs. Their warranty specifically states that they do not cover leaks from seals or gaskets. From some of the responses I got from that earlier post some seemed to think this was reasonable, but there was some surprise expressed that the warranty would not cover jet gaskets.

So my question is this. I am wanting to know if Hot Springs, and Sundance / Jacuzzi cover their jet gaskets under their warranties? Unless I hear differently I will assume that Marquis does not cover jet gaskets. Thank you.

Hot Tub Forum

Warranty For Jet Gaskets???
« on: January 11, 2014, 01:09:59 pm »

TwinCitiesHotSpring

Re: Warranty For Jet Gaskets???
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 01:08:20 pm »
I would expect this type of leak to be covered under there 5 year component warranty, but I would ask for clarification or read through the warranty in full...

I know Hot Springs "leak" portion of the warranty states this: "Watkins warrants the Hot Spring spa against leaks caused by defects in manufacturing and workmanship for five years.  This warranty specifically covers leaks from the wall fittings, jet fittings, internal plumbing, internal glue joints, drains, hoses, and all bonded parts"

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 02:48:15 pm »
I've been in this business over 30 years and have NEVER seen a jet gasket fail...other than a spa running 10 times the amount of bromine it should, for over 5 years!
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 03:34:41 pm »
I've been in this business over 30 years and have NEVER seen a jet gasket fail...other than a spa running 10 times the amount of bromine it should, for over 5 years!

yup, welcome to the internet...makes shopping for anything more confusing at times because people are discussing/arguing over things that are not even relevant.  I had a guy tell me today he read online he shouldn't use an EZ Pad because it sucks the heat from the spa?!? because the pad itself is not "solid" all the way through.  ::) ::)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 03:34:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42