What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Water not heating  (Read 2087 times)

H823Putt

• My backyard oassis
Water not heating
« on: August 12, 2014, 01:42:55 pm »
It's been a long time since I posted on here but I am having my first issue with my '07 Caldera Aspire. The other night I went to go in my tub and I noticed the temp of the water did not feel right as soon as I got in. The display showed 97 deg and the set temp was at 104 deg. The display temp was not flashing. Would this be a heater issue or could it be something else? I also reset the tubs circut breakers but that did not help.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 06:15:20 am by H823Putt »

Hot Tub Forum

Water not heating
« on: August 12, 2014, 01:42:55 pm »

Kev B

Re: Water not heating
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 11:30:34 am »
 If the tub is running on low speed and the heat light is on, it is probably a bad heating element. Checking the voltage at the element terminals is the way to find out for sure. If no voltage to the terminals then we look at other issues such as circuit board relays etc. You did not mention an flo error message so I ruled that out but any trained technician can find issue very quick   ;)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 01:07:08 am »
Heater relay board. Gotta be.

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

civicfire99

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 10:51:22 am »
As stated previously, check for power to the element if your heat indicator light is on.  You can confirm a bad element by checking for continuity and resistance on the actual element, but by the time you remove it, you're better off replacing it, especially if it is the original 2007 element.  I haven't checked in a while, but it should cost you around $50 for the element depending on wattage.  Most other problems will throw some type of code, such as temp sensor (common maintenance item), flow sensor, etc.

H823Putt

• My backyard oassis
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 10:17:30 am »
I went to call for service and they said it would be $510 parts/labor to come out and replace the board if that is the issue. They also said it will be over a week or two before they can get out to me to check. I decided to try to do it myself. It was the heater relay board. When I took it off it was black on the back(shorted out). Went online and ordered a new one for $120. 3 days later I received the board and it took only 1/2 hour to replace it. Tub is heating up again. Nice to save $400 and have a working tub again.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 10:17:30 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42