What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: '05 Artesian Dove Canyon new circ. pump not working  (Read 4151 times)

Estan

'05 Artesian Dove Canyon new circ. pump not working
« on: October 14, 2013, 10:32:57 pm »
Hi, I have an 05 Artesian Dove Canyon. After draining, cleaning and refilling my circ. pump was not working. I was getting the dreaded 3 dots error code. So I called Artesian and talked to Victor who stated there might be an air lock. I did what he said and got the air out, but still no circ. pump. So he stated I probably needed another pump.
So I ordered one, installed, refilled , bled the air, I think,  and still not working.
Can anyone on this board help me please!!

Hot Tub Forum

'05 Artesian Dove Canyon new circ. pump not working
« on: October 14, 2013, 10:32:57 pm »

Estan

Re: '05 Artesian Dove Canyon new circ. pump not working
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 06:38:21 am »
sorry, I also want to add that when I turn the power on I hear a click, then another dead click from the circuit board.  It does this a few times and stops.  Could this be maybe a fuse on the circuit board?

bob snader

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 07:39:57 am »
If it's an air lock then you will hear/feel the pump running on start up. You have to keep working at it until the air is out. If the pump appears completely dead then it's not an airlock problem

You need to turn the pump on and check it with a DMM to make sure power is getting to it. If it is then you have a sick pump and you will have to take it in for service. If not then something is wrong with the pump controller or you have a blown fuse somewhere.

Estan

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 07:53:47 am »
thanks Bob, I pulled the black plastic cover from the circuit board and discovered a blown fuse at the ozonator.
I hope this little thread helps another tub owner who want to fix themselves and save some $$. 
It was fairly easy to troubleshoot.
In my case I bought the new pump, not needing one, but my old pump was going on 8 yrs. old, so probably getting near death anyway.
I installed the new pump, filled and tested and the pump would not hum, nothing!
I heard a click coming from the circuit board, so decided to check out the board and noticed the blown fuse.

goneaway

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 09:50:08 am »
8 year old pump or not, it must still hurt.

Estan

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 01:39:56 pm »
If it's an air lock then you will hear/feel the pump running on start up. You have to keep working at it until the air is out. If the pump appears completely dead then it's not an airlock problem

You need to turn the pump on and check it with a DMM to make sure power is getting to it. If it is then you have a sick pump and you will have to take it in for service. If not then something is wrong with the pump controller or you have a blown fuse somewhere.

Bob,  I had a bad fuse at the ozonator clip.  After replacing and turning the power on again, the circ. pump runs for about 2 seconds 3 times and on 4th time stays running.  But I still have the dreaded 3 dot error code.  damn!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 01:39:56 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42