What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dealers  (Read 5314 times)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Dealers
« on: August 29, 2013, 02:49:35 pm »
  Any of you guys using Spa Marvel?   A rep had been calling trying to get in the door, interesting product which seems to be doing well, and is EPA approved.    Quite a few testimonials on youtube.        We are holding off, but the product does look like it could be a money maker for a dealer that pushes it.. 

Hot Tub Forum

Dealers
« on: August 29, 2013, 02:49:35 pm »

Spoiledrotten

Re: Dealers
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 03:40:31 pm »
All-In-One Natural, Environmental Safe Hot Tub Treatment & Conditioner
No Chlorine, No Bromine, No odors, No Irritations
Gentle to Skin (actually moisturizes), Hair & Bathing Suits
Hassel Free: No Testing, No Adjustments, No Chemical Additions for Up to 3 Months, Only Need to Change Water Yearly
100% Guaranteed

That part sounds good but you still have the PH up and PH down, T/A increaser, and all of the other chemicals or is the PH no longer an issue? That add above sounds like you don't have to touch another thing, which I would think is misleading to the public.
But they do have themselves covered by the line "for up to", which means that if you have to add some chems the next day, then they are still covered with their claim.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 03:42:10 pm by Spoiledrotten »
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 04:29:44 pm »
  I think that's true with any of the spa products out there, guess the are based in Canada but the product is produced in Louisiana.   I was more less curious if anyone here had dealt with it.       

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 04:39:02 pm »
  Any of you guys using Spa Marvel?   A rep had been calling trying to get in the door, interesting product which seems to be doing well, and is EPA approved.    Quite a few testimonials on youtube.        We are holding off, but the product does look like it could be a money maker for a dealer that pushes it..

Mark me down as skeptical but I always am of these type of products not approved as sanitizers. I didn't look at any of the youtube testimonials because they're just that, testimonials and I'm always skeptical of who is behind the camera. I did look at their website and maybe I needed to look closer but nowhere did I see anything about it being EPA approved as a sanitizer, including the FAQ section.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 05:03:48 pm »
We don't carry it but based on the description above it sounds very similar to SilkBalance or AquaFinesse, use in conjunction with an ozonator + silver ion cartridge + shock after each use...most likely very mineral based so it will give the water and your skin a softness to the touch.  Bottom line its an optional/convenience product which would sell if they can get the cost into the "reasonable" range

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 05:15:04 pm »
  My thoughts as well when I saw the pricing for it..   Not sure how silk balanced is priced now, when we first looked at it, it was quite high. 

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 05:26:53 pm »
  My thoughts as well when I saw the pricing for it..   Not sure how silk balanced is priced now, when we first looked at it, it was quite high.

Full Retail on Silk is $200 a bottle...sale priced at $179...and the cheapest any dealer is allowed to sell it for is if a "3 pack" is purchased which brings it to $169 a bottle...pricing is protected so no matter how hard you shop you can't find it cheaper anywhere (supposedly, haven't really cared enough to look around)

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 07:39:27 pm »
Have sold it for a couple of years. I have about 30 people who use it including myself. I also use dichlor weekly with it. Customers I have on it love it and its a lot cheaper then aqua finesse

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2013, 11:49:45 am »
Have sold it for a couple of years. I have about 30 people who use it including myself. I also use dichlor weekly with it. Customers I have on it love it and its a lot cheaper then aqua finesse

But if you need to use chlorine with it (as you would be wise to do) its like someone saying "I have a great diet pill that will cause you to lose weight. Just take it 3 times a day, exercise vigorously and keep your calorie intake under 2000 calories and this pill will work wonders for you". Maybe it makes the water feel "smooth" and clear but what is it really doing for the cost. Of course if we ignore the added cost I'm sure people will like it but factoring in cost makes me wonder.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 12:45:35 am by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2013, 12:00:06 pm »

But if you need to use chlorine with it (as you would be wise to do) its like someone saying "I have a great diet pill that you cause you to lose weight. Just take it 3 times a day, exercise vigorously and keep your calorie intake under 2000 calories and this pill will work wonders for you". Maybe it makes the water feel "smooth" and clear but what is it really doing for the cost. Of course if we ignore the added cost I'm sure people will like it but factoring in cost makes me wonder.

put a few key words (simple/easiest, once a week, natural, soft, etc.) on a spa product and it will sell regardless of the cost and "what it does"....your mind can't grasp it because you know to much about this industry and how easy water care really is, you need to put yourself in the shoes of your "average joe" consumer who knows absolutely nothing about spa care

Sam

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2013, 02:10:15 pm »
Found this little gem on their website:

Laws pertaining to spa water treatment vary from country to country and region to region. The Spa Marvel Company Inc. is committed to complying with all applicable laws in the jurisdictions in which we operate and we encourage you to respect your local regulatory agency’s guidelines and use sanitizers as required. 

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2013, 05:20:41 pm »
Found this little gem on their website:

Laws pertaining to spa water treatment vary from country to country and region to region. The Spa Marvel Company Inc. is committed to complying with all applicable laws in the jurisdictions in which we operate and we encourage you to respect your local regulatory agency’s guidelines and use sanitizers as required. 

if that is "hidden" on their website the EPA will be after them shortly...SilkBalance very recently had to "re-word" a lot of there sales pamphlets, bottles, brochures etc. to make it much more clear that sanitizer is required

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2013, 05:46:17 pm »
  I asked the sales rep repeatedly if it was EPA approved and she said yes absolutely.   But then she is a "sales person"   :o   ;)

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2013, 08:39:45 pm »
  I asked the sales rep repeatedly if it was EPA approved and she said yes absolutely.   But then she is a "sales person"   :o   ;)

It's not EPA approved as a sanitizer

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2013, 08:39:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42