What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cant decide which to buy  (Read 4390 times)

Mike710_0

Cant decide which to buy
« on: July 31, 2013, 07:57:17 am »
Hi guys

Cant decide which hot tub to buy between the following 2 hot tubs. One is £1k more but am wondering whether its worth the extra money

£3600
http://www.canadianspacompany.co.uk/Hot-Tubs-and-Spas/Toronto.html

£4500
http://www.mrtubby.co.uk/neptune-hot-tub-spa---2-loungers-lucite-shell-balboa-controls-in-black-marble-15-p.asp

I was considering buying 2nd hand one but haven't seen any I really like plus buying new I have the peace of mind

I'm completely new to the hot tub scene so not sure what my best option is so any help would be appreciated! My budget is £5k but would prefer to keep it as low add possible. Just don't want to buy a hot tub that I'm not going to fully benefit from.

Cheers Mike
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 08:27:35 am by Mike710_0 »

Hot Tub Forum

Cant decide which to buy
« on: July 31, 2013, 07:57:17 am »

goneaway

Re: Cant decide which to buy
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 10:29:46 am »
Hi Mike.

I think most people on here will tell you to wet test and try them for size and comfort etc before parting with your money.
They both appear to have Balboa components, which is apparently common.(So no hard to find, far eastern parts I guess), and both appear to be similarly specced.

The Canadian Spa, does have a slightly better warranty.

goneaway

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 10:32:17 am »
Can I also add.
You could probably pickup a used tub for under £1500, so provided there are no problems with the shell, the £2-£3,000 saving buys a hell of a lot of repair work should anything go wrong.

But then i'm a Yorkshire Man (say no more)

Mike710_0

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 10:59:17 am »
Thanks very much for your reply

Some of the 2nd hand ones I've seen have been sold for over £2k

Guess it's best to pay that bit extra and get a brand new one

My next problem after buying one is I need it lifting into the garden so ours gonna be a crane job. There's a field at the back of me with a 7 ft fence sui think this will be the cheaper option rather than having it lifted over the house

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 06:56:41 pm »
If they come out and set up in 2 hours it won't matter to the crane and it's operater if it's over a fence or over a house.
Retired

goneaway

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 03:31:04 am »
I bought a used one from a friend 10 miles away for £1000.
Quotes to have it transported ranged between £250 and £350.
Estimates for a crane were £350 to £500.

In the end I opted to borrow a rather large trailer, half a dozen mates, sweet talk a neighbor into letting me take his fence out, and I flattened my rockery/wild patch.

In all, a few evenings work on the rockery, and a Saturday with mates moving it the 10 miles.

Can't you take a fence panel out ??

Mike710_0

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 04:24:52 am »
Trouble is my house has a house either side. Pretty sure neighbours would say no anyway. But sure how they take fence panel out anyway as there all single fence panels nailed to beams. Will do have a footpath but it has a 90 degree bend thus stopping the hot tub making it round

I personally think a truck with a hiab would do the job and probably save me loads from hiring a crane

goneaway

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2013, 06:32:51 am »
What about coming in through the field ?

Mike710_0

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2013, 06:44:57 am »
Trouble with that is the field has its own metal fence. Still reckon a truck could do it. One of the ones that drops off bags of cement. Just sitting that this is the only option

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2013, 06:44:57 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42