What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Looking for a new hot tub  (Read 4207 times)

richierich

Looking for a new hot tub
« on: June 04, 2013, 11:11:02 pm »
I am looking to buy a new hot tub and I think I have narrowed it down to 4 spas from 2 companies. Sundance Majesta, Altamar or Dimension One Aurora, Nautique. Not sure if I want a lounge or not. I am able to wet test the Aurora tomorrow. None of the others are available to be wet tested. Also the Aurora is available as a demo for $7299. Is that a good deal? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 11:13:56 pm by richierich »

Hot Tub Forum

Looking for a new hot tub
« on: June 04, 2013, 11:11:02 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Looking for a new hot tub
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 01:01:56 pm »
A lounge can be the most comfortable seat you have ever had, or it can be a waste of a lot of space in your tub. A wet test is really the only way to determine if it will work for you.

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

richierich

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 09:55:20 pm »
thanks for the response Chas, I did some wet testing today and found out that I don't like/need a lounge. The D-one Aurora was a little disappointing. Not enough room to stretch out legs because of the lounge. Jets did not seem all that strong either. I think I am ruling out D-1 although I loved the texture of the shell as well as the acupressure therapy bumps. I also wet tested a Caldera Niagara. Liked it much better. Any one with any knowledge on this spa please chime in. Price was about 11k delivered. thanks in advance. 

richierich

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 12:09:45 am »
Now I am trying to decide between 3 tubs. The Caldera Niagara and the Sundance Optima are at the top of my budget( actually past my budget) and the Sundance Chelsee($2000 less). Any thoughts on any of these tubs. I know now that I do not need a tub with a lounge. At least I have that going for me.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 12:13:26 am by richierich »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 01:30:04 am »
Now I am trying to decide between 3 tubs. The Caldera Niagara and the Sundance Optima are at the top of my budget( actually past my budget) and the Sundance Chelsee($2000 less). Any thoughts on any of these tubs. I know now that I do not need a tub with a lounge. At least I have that going for me.

Good brands. Base it on the wet test, the dealer and the deal you can get.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2013, 07:29:29 am »
Hello.  I'll speak as a relatively new Sundance Majesta owner.   This was my 2nd tub after 10 years with a larger tub.  So far so good.  Its just my wife and I so the smaller tub is perfect for us, but till big enough if one or more people join us. I'm happy with the performance of it.  It is now 7 months old.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

richierich

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2013, 10:13:02 am »
I did get a chance to wet test the Caldera. I liked it very much, it seemed very high quality but it had a few quirks. The seating arrangement in one of the corner seats has two head rests. One facing out of the corner, the other straight down the side to be used with a semi lounge-foot jet area (awkward position). Seemed a bit strange as did the placement of the volcano floor jet. It did not seem to be accessible to all the seats. Loved the main therapy seat however. Great jets and the ability to hold myself in place by using the raised floor molding. The Optima and the Chelsee are not available for wet testing at the Sundance dealer. I sat in them and they had a good feel. I like the textured shell finish of the Sundances better than the smooth finish of the Caldera. My neighbor has a 3 year old Chelsee that I tried out. It seemed like a good solid performer with good jets and I was surprised buy how much I liked the raised center foot jet area. The size and the amount of water in the Chelsee(380 gal) seem just about right. The Optima(420 gal) is bigger than I need but has more in the way of comfort and therapy. The Caldera Niagara is even larger (500 gal). I can save 2k or bite the bullet. Trying to make a decision by Sunday because the Sundance rebate program ends the 9th but the Caldera dealers quote of $10982 ends today. My wife and I are going to try to get to the Sundance dealer today and if possible the Caldera dealer. I get obsessive about these kind of things so thanks for this outlet :D.

richierich

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2013, 09:10:41 pm »
I went and did it. Took my wife to the sundance dealer to sit in the chelsee and the optima. We liked them both and were weighing the cost vs. value of the 2 spas when the owner offered to sell us the demo optima we were sitting in. It happened to be the colors my wife preferred. After a little negotiating I was able to get the spa for 10k out the door with steps and cover lift 3, extra filter, extra UV bulb and enough chems for 2 years. Delivery and pick up old spa also incl. Happy with the dealer and happy with the deal. thanks to everyone who took the time to read and or respond to my week long obsession. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

bimmerdog

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2013, 03:41:14 pm »
Sounds like you got a good deal. My wife and I love our Optima.  Very comfortable hot tub.  Enjoy your new tub  :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2013, 03:41:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42