What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: OMG can this be more confusing?  (Read 2521 times)

HollyGoLightly

OMG can this be more confusing?
« on: May 11, 2013, 06:27:46 pm »
Ok.  So we are new to the world of buying a hot tub.  Every dealer we visit claims their product is the best (which I get) but they also tend to sort of bash anything else that is out there.  This is not an impulse purchase and we hope to have this tub for many years to come, however we are having a hard time pulling the trigger despite the fact that we are more than ready to buy simply because each time we go shopping we get mixed messages about what determines whether or not a tub is of good quality.

We are considering Sundance, Hot Springs, or Jacuzzi at this juncture.  We are going to wet test Sundance and Hot Springs today; Jacuzzi tomorrow so this should help a bit, but we are very concerned about which tub is the best quality.  We live in Wisconsin, so the winter climate is of concern to us.  We know we will use the tub in the winter so operating cost is of concern.  We have been told a dedicated circulating pump is a desired feature by one dealer, another tells us that if we have a power failure we have to worry about the line freezing faster because it the line is smaller.  How is someone supposed to figure all this out?

Any and all advise will be greatly appreciated  :-\

Hot Tub Forum

OMG can this be more confusing?
« on: May 11, 2013, 06:27:46 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: OMG can this be more confusing?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 06:41:56 pm »
 All three are top notch!    Pick which you feels is the best you are looking for.  Hydro therapy, comfort and price.  Narrow it down to the 2 spa's you like best and go from there.  Once you pick one start negotiating on a price.   Most dealers will have a btm line they will go to and once you hit it you will know..

Sam

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 06:44:56 pm »
You have narrowed it down to 3 very good brands.  You really can't go wrong with any of those.  Hopefully that helps put you at ease.  Now just pick the one that you like best after wet testing.  It sounds like you are doing everything right. 

kurt6137

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 01:07:01 am »
You are looking at all very reputable and well made hot tubs. Choose the one, that fits best for you, don't buy a hot tub without wet testing it. Try and wet test it multiple times, I know that sounds crazy, but a good dealer will not mind that request. Dealer is key here, go with a dealer who is there for the long run. It is a considerable investment and you want your seller to be knowledgeable, dependable and trustworthy. One thing not to forget about, is you can write these tubs off as a tax write off. I have arthritis in my hip, I had my doctor write up a note and prescription for me and I gave this to my CPA for the current tax year. Just a nice added benefit to purchasing one. Good luck with your decision, it is some maintenance, but well worth it. If your meticulous about maintaining items you purchase, you should have a good 15 to 20 year run on higher end tub.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 01:08:43 am by kurt6137 »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 07:43:13 am »
Holly, Welcome to the forum. This is the most common complaint about dealers and I think you have a good handle on it. As Jim indicated you have 3 good choices. Tune out that crap and only listen to their final price and what they have to say about their tub. You can't go wrong with any of those if they are right for you.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 07:43:13 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42