What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Maxx spas  (Read 6989 times)

Brp72

Maxx spas
« on: April 23, 2013, 08:51:27 pm »
Does anyone know anything about Maxx Spas.  Specifically the Maxx Collection 480 model?

Looks like a nice spa but I am not sold on the neck collars.  Would appreciate any feedback on quality and reliability on this brand. 

Hot Tub Forum

Maxx spas
« on: April 23, 2013, 08:51:27 pm »

RUBADUBDUB

Re: Maxx spas
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 11:24:45 am »
If you're not sold on the neck collar WET TEST the spa. Actually you should likely wet test before you purchase regardless. I know from experience that the neck collar seats don't fit alot of people. I myself am 6' and I don't find them that comfortable...

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 11:50:20 am »
There is definetely a love it or hate aspect too them.  I used to sell LA Spas and I found the seats with the neck collars to be uncomfortable but we sold quite a few of them so some people really like them.  Wet test, wet test, wet test

rin-spa-aic

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 03:41:31 pm »
The neck collar was a big factor for us in purchasing a Maax (Elite 7500).  My DW carries all stress in her neck.
Meant nothing to me.
About 6 months of ownership and she still thinks it's great, loves neck massage.

DW 5'9"
Me 6'1"

I don't find it uncomfortable.

Owned about 6 months so far. Good experience. No problems yet.
Used 4+ days a week.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 05:59:27 pm »
Does anyone know anything about Maxx Spas.  Specifically the Maxx Collection 480 model?

Looks like a nice spa but I am not sold on the neck collars.  Would appreciate any feedback on quality and reliability on this brand.

Any other options in your area to compare it to?
Retired

Brp72

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 09:02:29 pm »
I'm looking at the HotSprings Vanguard (very pricey @ $10,100), Sundance (Optima or Chelsea) or I can buy a used Artesian South Seas Spa, Model 748b.  Any input on these?  I don't know anything about Artesian spas.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 09:06:53 pm »
Artesian is a lesser known brand but they are known for asking a quality tub.  The maax wouldn't be in the same league quality wise as the hotsprings. The maax is more of a midrange tub not that their is anything wrong with that but. You really aren't comparing apples to apples.

Brp72

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 11:21:58 am »
Is the Artesian spas any good in your opinion?  South Seas Spa 748b?  Advice?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2013, 11:35:46 am »
Is the Artesian spas any good in your opinion?  South Seas Spa 748b?  Advice?

Yes, Artesian is reputable. I think the South Seas brand is kind of their bargain or mid-priced product line so besides the fact its a used spa I don't think it directly plays against a Vanguard or Optima which you also listed but I assume you realize that. It really all depends on the condition of the spa (to a great degree) and the deal you are getting so there really is no way of responding to your question fully because we have no idea if you're looking at a good deal or merely spending less on a used spa but maybe not getting a good deal.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Brp72

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2013, 12:17:53 pm »
Thanks for the input.  There is a used Artesian South Seas Spa 748b here in St. Louis that is just under a year old for $5k.  Haven't seen it in person but it looks perfect.

One more spa that I am considering is the Hot Springs Pulse which I can get for about $9k.

Are the Hot Springs spas worth the extra $$ in your opinion?

RUBADUBDUB

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2013, 12:46:20 pm »
In my opinion thats pricey for a used South Seas. I know up here in Canada a NEW 748B is less than 7G tax in and it would come with a full warranty. No warranty on used spas...

My parents have an Artesian Spa in the Island series. If you're looking at a NEW spa I would look at the Captiva in the island series before the 748B. Nicer neck jets and can be had with the foot blasters for not much more....  Just my opinion though.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2013, 12:46:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42