What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: circ pump question  (Read 3017 times)

tagyerit

circ pump question
« on: April 28, 2013, 06:05:58 pm »
Hi Folks

My jacuzzi J-365 circ pump has given up, its a 2010 model and ya I know I should do the warranty thing but lets face it it will take a lot longer and I don't want to deal with folks who cant even use a Taylor kit correctly (ya I had that happen,don't put the powder in the CYA tube dummy).
So I will fix it myself. No big deal. My question is should I stick the the replacement pump Laing E-10 NSHN2W-20 or is there a better pump, one that wont go out in 3 years? I'm a little disappointed in what I would call craftsmanship of the spa. Its small things like I had one of the check valves break at the connection area and there were no clamps on those connections.

Anyways looking forward to your thoughts

Hot Tub Forum

circ pump question
« on: April 28, 2013, 06:05:58 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: circ pump question
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 06:40:29 pm »
I would call in the warranty. You paid for it.
Retired

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 06:50:20 pm »
 Agree!   And any spa can have an issue, I don't care what brand or how much you paid for it. The check valve failed because it failed, clamp or no clamp.     As far as the circ pump it's also the reason they went to a high flow type circ pump.  They should have gotten rid of the Laing's a long time ago, always been a pain in my side! 

Anyway back to things in hand, as long as it's 220v with the same size fitting for a 3/4" hose it should work, Grundfos comes to mind. But I would really go to the dealer and get them to fix it, or worse case give you the pump to do it yourself!   You can bring the bad one back and they can send it in for warranty.   they might not do it and tell you it will void your warranty which to me is BS but who knows with them?  Where do you live?   

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 06:50:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42