What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: CoverCradle II and clearance limitation? Side installation?  (Read 3887 times)

HT2020

CoverCradle II and clearance limitation? Side installation?
« on: April 14, 2013, 09:08:41 pm »
I am getting a CoverCradle lifter for my new Vanguard.  I'm not sure if they're giving me the CoverCradle I or II (is there a big difference?).  I noticed that on the specs it is suggesting that you have a 24" clearance in the back.  I have some ficus trees directly behind the spa I  don't think that I have more than 20 inches clearance.  Would 20" be enough for the back? Is there a work-around for making it a little "tighter" if needed?  If not, would a side installation work?  Any downsides to doing it that way? 

Hot Tub Forum

CoverCradle II and clearance limitation? Side installation?
« on: April 14, 2013, 09:08:41 pm »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: CoverCradle II and clearance limitation? Side installation?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 01:12:50 am »
Get an UpRite
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

HT2020

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 01:44:21 am »
I don't like the look of the spa cover sticking up behind there.  I would like it as hidden as possible.  I think that the covercradle keeps it as hidden as possible,

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 12:13:25 pm »
Cradle II needs 24" - that's pretty much the minimum. If you want, you can mount the CCII on either side of your Vanguard.

The Lift 'N Glide requires less room - they have it listed as 7" at Backyards Plus, but I'm not sure it is that small an amount. I'm sure it is less than the 24" required by the CCII.

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

HT2020

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 12:51:59 pm »
Thanks,
I looked at the lift n glide online and I don't like how high up it stands.  I prefer a more discrete cover and I believe that the covercradle goes down as low as any cover will go.  I may need to remove the ficus trees if they prevent the cover from closing.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 12:51:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42