What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Chinese going after large manufactures like HotSpring and D1  (Read 3504 times)

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Chinese going after large manufactures like HotSpring and D1
« on: April 02, 2013, 10:29:06 am »
Lately I've been getting 2-3 emails a week from Chinese manufactures with offers to sell me exact replicas of US spas at a lower price and claiming they work better...Here is one of the offers quoted.

Dear Stuart,
Nice day!
Recently we are developing a new spa, the dimensions are 2.16*2.16*0.92m, can accommodate 4 persons. The spa has 41 jets, with 5 filters, and every drop of water is filtered before coming back to the spa.
This new spa is similar to HotSpring products in quality and function. For example, we use Hydro-Dance Massage system for the lounge seat and No-bypass filtration system and Integrated MP3 Sound System on it, so its massage performance is much better than HotSpring products.
With the similar quality and function to HotSpring, but the lower price than HotSpring and many other brands, so this spa with have a ready market in your region, and it will bring you huge profits and reputation. If you choose us, we will give you the best support in your market.
Anything you want to know, just feel free to contact me and let’s talk in details!
Hope to cooperate with you.
Look forward to hearing from you soon.
Thank you & Best regards!

In all the recent emails they have attached pictures from HotSpring's website claiming it is the tub they are making...they don't even bother to cover the HotSpring logo on the aux controls!

Surely there is something we can do through our Government for this type of Piracy?!?!

When is our industry going to take a stand and fight back?

Hot Tub Forum

Chinese going after large manufactures like HotSpring and D1
« on: April 02, 2013, 10:29:06 am »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Chinese going after large manufactures like HotSpring and D1
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 11:19:17 am »
Stuart, gimmie a call, I have a bit of info and a few ideas
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 11:26:14 am »
 There was one company at the show in Vegas one year that had a brand called Jazzi.    These really cute Asian girls were handing out brochures with pictures of spa's taken direct from the Jacuzzi brochure  ::)  I took one back over to the Jacuzzi booth and they were none to happy.  Not sure what came of it??   

rick_in_cleveland

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 04:53:13 pm »
They even have a web site
http://www.jazzipool.com/index.asp

kurt6137

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 05:50:43 pm »
Well, they can keep that Chinese crap overseas, I just bought my Hot Springs Sovereign and I am proud that is was made in Vista California by Americans. Chinese products are poor quality, that is why we have a throw away society, which I detest, come on American Spa dealers fight back, someone should send that info to Hot Springs. I support my local dealer and all the benefits that go with that type of a relationship. I am sorry if I am preaching, but I love this country and am tired of seeing made in China.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 05:50:43 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42