What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need Help Making A Decison  (Read 2647 times)

hottub63

Need Help Making A Decison
« on: March 14, 2013, 05:50:02 pm »
I am pulling the trigger on a spa in the next few days and can't seem to make a decision. Here are the 3 I think I have it boiled down to, but just can't make up my mind. Please help! :)  By the way, this tub will just be for my wife and I (and maybe our 2 year old....but he is little.) So we don't need anything super fancy..just a nice tub to relax in at the end of the word day.

Option 1 (This is the one I'm REALLY leaning toward.) This is a 2007 Hot Spring Prodigy that looks to be in great shape and maintained very well. I got them down to 1200 dollars for it + 300 - 500 delievery The cover is ok, but is the original and may need to be replaced at some point. (I'm in Texas, so we don't have to worry a ton about the energy being it's hot here most of the time.) :)

Option 2: 2000 Hot Spring Grandee model for 2600 + 300-500 for delivery This hot tub is owned by an older couple who have taken tremendous care of it, and has had the local hot spring dealer come over once a year to check it out, change the filter, etc. She just bought a new lid last year and I believe it has a lift on it has well. (This tub is 7 years older than the one listed above, and over double the price, so I'm not sure this tub is that much better than then the Prodigy.

Option 3: 2009 Escape 6 person:  2800 + 300 - 500 for delivery. This one is almost fully loaded and very nice. But from what I've read the Cal Spa brands are very respected. This has the waterfall, lighting package, and its very nice. But not sure if it's 3 thousand nice.  But it is nice.

Option 4: This is a brand new 2013 Aspen Spa Quattro GS model (http://aspen-spas.com/spas/quattro) for 4999. This is a brand new one with lots of features...nice waterfall, led lights, ozone filter, great warranty, free delivery. I haven't heard of this brand before, but they have been around for a while and the dealer had great things to say about them (he sold other brands also) and they seem to make a nice product. But for the price (Almost 5 times the first one I mentioned it would have to really be something awesome.)

I'm really sort of stuck...just curious what you guys think. The price point of that first one looks REALLY good. They actually wanted over 2 thousand for it at first, but when I said I could them 12 -  100 dollar bills cash they were willing to talk. :) I know it isn't nearly as nice as option 3 and 4, but it's always not any where near the price point....and with this being our first hot tub I don't know what I don't know, and so I wonder if those other units are that much better to justify the much higher price.

Open to your feedback. Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Need Help Making A Decison
« on: March 14, 2013, 05:50:02 pm »

TwinCitiesHotSpring

Re: Need Help Making A Decison
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 05:56:57 pm »
option #1 would be great based on what you've said...Aspen is eliminated for me anyway because in 13 years in the business I've never heard of them, and I would never recommend a Calspa to anyone... visit pissedconsumer dot com and type in Calspa for all you need to know about them...good luck

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 06:10:13 pm »
I'd go with option 1. It allows you to get in for little money and assuming you've seen the spa run thats a great price for a very good spa that is well insulated.

hottub63

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 06:51:13 pm »
Thanks! That's what I was the direction I was going toward also.

I did look at the Free Flow line (5000 for a new free flow with delivery and warranty) but they look very very basic...

Is that first option a good tub? It's older so the buttons are on the front instead of on top....did a lot more change beside that?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 06:51:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42