What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: please help me diagnose the problem!  (Read 2780 times)

nlv81

please help me diagnose the problem!
« on: January 29, 2013, 09:24:57 pm »
I have a leisure bay hot tub. It has been working great until recently. When I turn on the power, it will stay on for a few seconds but as soon as the jets kicks on. The fuse blows out. I replaced the fuse & the same thing happened. What could be the problem? I hope its a easy & inexpensive fix b/c I really miss my hot tub :( thank you in advance

Hot Tub Forum

please help me diagnose the problem!
« on: January 29, 2013, 09:24:57 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: please help me diagnose the problem!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 09:38:26 am »
Welcome to the forum.  We have lots of experts here, but till they come along, can you take the panel off and have a look?  I'm technically competent, but no real experience as a hot tub professional.  Do you have more than one pump? I had a similar situation. My tub had 2 pumps. I was able to unplug one pump from the main board and still use the tub till I had it fixed.  Frequently visual inspections will provide some obvious clue.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

nlv81

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 03:15:13 pm »
Yes, I have taken off the panel & tried to see if there's any damage wires or parts. Everything seems to look fine. I believe my hot tub only have 1 pump. Thank you wmccall for your help.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 05:21:31 pm »
 My best guess would be that pump on the left, looks like it's has a leak or the leak is from somewhere else?   Also looks like there is/was water coming under the control box.    Just un plug that pump and see if it stays on..    Looking at the other side is there a pump behind the box as well?   Prolly where the water is coming from also.     You might have bad shaft seals that are dripping then spraying when the pumps come on. 
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 05:23:59 pm by Jacuzzi Jim »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 07:28:32 pm »
Looks like there's a pump behind the box (there's a union behind the pressure switch) ...also the main electrical conduit has become unattached(1st picture, top left of box) which could be a serious electrical problem, as the wires could be cut by the box and short out, or cause electrocution.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 07:28:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42