What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: LEMON LAW  (Read 9672 times)

ANGIEW

LEMON LAW
« on: January 16, 2013, 04:11:17 pm »
Does the lemon law apply to hot tubs? I bought a Dream Maker spa (new) 4 months ago- it has never worked right. Now it  is completely dead and the dealer says the parts are "obsolete"- it is 4 months old. The are "trying to get parts". I do not recommend Dream Maker spas- the manufacturere is not helpful either.

Hot Tub Forum

LEMON LAW
« on: January 16, 2013, 04:11:17 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: LEMON LAW
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 04:28:42 pm »
Lemon laws apply to cars
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 04:38:48 pm »
Does the lemon law apply to hot tubs? I bought a Dream Maker spa (new) 4 months ago- it has never worked right. Now it  is completely dead and the dealer says the parts are "obsolete"- it is 4 months old. The are "trying to get parts". I do not recommend Dream Maker spas- the manufacturere is not helpful either.

How you personally tried to contact the manufacturer directly or just through your dealer. At this point I'd be calling them directly if you've only been relying on the dealer without results.

zapta

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 12:39:19 am »
I presume it is still under warranty. If you don't get a satisfactory resolution you can always go to small claim court. You can also try BBB.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 03:59:29 pm »
Lemon laws apply to cars

It may have started out that way originally, but I think it varies state by state.  That brings up an interesting question, if a tub is declared a lemon by state laws of the owner does the factory bear any responsibility or does it get dumped on the dealer.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

vangoghsear

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 04:37:31 pm »
State and federal "Lemon Laws" provide compensation to consumers of defective vehicles including motorcycles, RV's, boats, computers and other consumer appliances and products. To qualify under a Lemon Law, you must generally have a product with multiple repair attempts or too many days out of service under the manufacturer's factory warranty. Lemon Law compensation can include a refund, replacement or cash compensation, plus payment of your attorney's fees and court costs.

From here:

http://www.attorneysforconsumers.com/

I'd say you have a shot.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 04:37:31 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42