What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Crazing how is it caused and when does it stop?  (Read 9172 times)

summerside9000

Crazing how is it caused and when does it stop?
« on: February 12, 2013, 02:38:53 pm »
I am looking at J-470 with the green acrylic shell. It is on for a very nice price but shows some minor crazing along the edges.
Does it affect the shell or just  appearance? I can live with it. Will it keep going? Brand new Jacuzzi tub. No warranty offered.

Hot Tub Forum

Crazing how is it caused and when does it stop?
« on: February 12, 2013, 02:38:53 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Crazing how is it caused and when does it stop?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 02:45:16 pm »
I am looking at J-470 with the green acrylic shell. It is on for a very nice price but shows some minor crazing along the edges.
Does it affect the shell or just  appearance? I can live with it. Will it keep going? Brand new Jacuzzi tub. No warranty offered.

Should be appearance only and yes, it'll probably get a little worse but for the right price... I would expect the warranty to be good beyond this shell cosmetic issue but if there is no warranty at all including plumbing, equipment, etc. then I wonder if this was really a returned spa from someone else for the crazing issue and is therefore technically a used spa being resold and thats why there is no warranty at all. Either way, if the price is right it may be a good deal. However if there is no warranty at all, when used spas are sold at dealers they typically give at least a 60 or 90 or 120 ... day warranty so I'd ask for something like that for everything but the crazing.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 02:46:56 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

summerside9000

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 02:55:29 pm »
Yes i asked for a warranty on the shell for breakage for one year and I will see if they grant it. I was offered a 5 year parts but no labour warranty on all the pumps etc. and one year on the JBL system with the remote.
Stereo,cover,lifter, filters,chemicals,delivery,steps all included. Green color and the fake grey brick enclosure. an upgrade from what I can an told.
To me it looks like a floor model that was also perhaps a demo in the store. Its nice, I think I am sold 11,900 out the door.

Jac-470

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 03:57:12 pm »
To much IMHO without getting full factory warranty. You should be able to get that price down alot. What year tub is it?

summerside9000

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 06:50:24 pm »

Jac-470

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 06:54:18 pm »
So it has the Clearray filter system?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 07:30:00 pm »

The key is to get a really good deal since you're taking a "blem" spa without the full warranty. I wouldn't worry about whether it has the Clearray in it or not, I don't think it makes any real difference unless you're asking that question to determine what year it is. If the year is in question ask for the spa serial number and post it here, someone will be able to decipher it for you.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

summerside9000

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 07:30:45 pm »
yes, included.

bimmerdog

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 07:48:06 pm »
My spa dealer Sundance, had a 2012 blemish hot tub on the floor to sell. It had a little nick in the shell.  I would have bought it if it was the right color.  It came with full factory warranty.  So my question is why does the one your looking at not have the full warranty?

I have no idea if having a blemish will make the hot tub lose some of its warranty. Makes no sense to me. 

By the way that is a nice tub you are looking at.

Jac-470

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 07:57:50 pm »

The key is to get a really good deal since you're taking a "blem" spa without the full warranty. I wouldn't worry about whether it has the Clearray in it or not, I don't think it makes any real difference unless you're asking that question to determine what year it is. If the year is in question ask for the spa serial number and post it here, someone will be able to decipher it for you.

It was more about the year as the 2011 didn't have the Clearray, and they had the 2 round filter spots on the side. The reason I asked as this deal just doesn't sound right. Why is a dealer selling a brand new J-470 without a full warranty?? Yet he's selling a 2012 demo at near full price.

summerside9000

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2013, 08:21:54 pm »
guys, I am so glad I joined this today. The story goes like this, we were looking for a tub and looked at the 365. Nice but too small.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 09:25:21 pm by summerside9000 »

Jac-470

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2013, 08:34:24 pm »
Well I ordered my 2013 J-470 allmost 2 weeks ago (no stereo) and got it for way under $9000. We don't have sales tax. Now I didn't know the dealer at all, in fact they called me as I filled out a online ap for hot tubs. Yes the msrp is over $15000 on that tub, but most I've seen are well under that. I'm not saying you will get the deal I got, but for a non full factory warranty for near $12000, I would shop around to get better priceing.

summerside9000

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2013, 09:36:33 pm »
wow do you live in canada or the us?

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2013, 09:53:36 pm »
 Sent you a PM

Jac-470

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2013, 10:03:05 am »
wow do you live in canada or the us?

I live in NH.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2013, 10:03:05 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42