What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Freestyle Spas...  (Read 15039 times)

newatthis

Freestyle Spas...
« on: November 01, 2010, 06:21:38 pm »
Hi all,

I'm a newbie at all this, so please bear with me.

I've searched the term "Freestyle Spas" and didn't come up with much on this forum, so thought I would put this out there and see if I would get some feedback.

I've been talking to a local dealer in Tucson and am close to purchasing a Freestyle Spa model 303. It comes with a stereo ipod dock, full led lights, waterfall...the fun stuff. As far as the other features go, everything seems comparable to other similarly priced models. It's a beauty and seems pretty nice with a solid warranty. It's brand new. This model had water in it, so I got to do a "hand" test drive....felt pretty good to me...

My price, with delivery is $6,200. That includes electrical and pad installation (pavers). Also includes tax. The price seems pretty good to me, but I'm having a hard time finding out much about the company. Seems they are fairly new, but have a lot of industry experience...at least the literature says so... :).

The owner of the company "Scenic Spas", strikes me as a good guy who knows his stuff. We've developed a good customer/owner relationship, so that feels good...def. not your car salesman kind of guy...

Does anyone out there own a Freestyle Spa? If so, what's the good, the bad...?

Thanks in advance for any info or insight... 8)

Hot Tub Forum

Freestyle Spas...
« on: November 01, 2010, 06:21:38 pm »

castletonia

Re: Freestyle Spas...
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 07:22:23 pm »
I don't own one but I do sell them.  We just picked up the line about 6 months ago.  Long story short the Freestyle name used to be manufactured by Tatum Mfg. before going out of business.  The name and  manufacturing facility were then purchased by Sunrise Spas out of Canada which also owns Whitewater Spas and Paragon.  There will not be much of any info on Freestyle other than that from the Tatum days.

It has only been 6 month but so far I am impressed with the spas.  The touch screen controls which are made be Consumer Electronics (CE) are functional and appear to be well built.  All jets and plumbing are made by Waterway Plastics which is one of the largest suppliers in the industry.  They use Prestige spa covers which are 5"-3" taper and they are a decent cover.  Motors are made by E.M.G. out of Italy with Waterway Executive wet ends.

I have had no issues to date so I have no "bad" to speak of.  As far as the good, I like the design of the structure and insulation.  I feel them to be a nice therapy spa ( I have sat in the 203 and 204).

I would normally sell that model for about a $1000 more so the price appears good.  Since I have only carried them for 6 months, I do not have long term history but so far everything has been good.  I would also personally wet test to make sure the lounger fits you.

newatthis

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 08:15:13 pm »
Hey there!

Thanks for responding...I appreciate the comments.

Long story short, we bought the spa....and it's awesome... ;D, the local customer service has been outstanding.

We've had a bit of a problem figuring out the chem balance...we are every day users....water went cloudy after 2 days...

With some time and education on chems, we are on our way to a lovely Tucson winter.

Thanks again... ::)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 07:16:24 am »
Welcome to the forum.  This is the first I've heard of them and I've been around here 7 years. I'm glad you got some feedback. Let us know what you end up doing.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

spaman1947

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 08:06:10 pm »
Anyone have opinion on the Free Style spas? I am looking at purchasing a Series 200(255 actually). Priced at $5500

castletonia

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 08:42:12 pm »
As a dealer of them I am impressed with the customer service from the company and the quality of their spas.  In addition to Freestyle I also sell Coast and Nordic with Freestyle being my highest selling brand.  I feel they are a well designed, well insulated spa.  I have sold them since early 2010 and the only issue we have had is some pump unions loosening up during shipping.  The 255 is one of the most comfortable spas I have personally sat in.  At $5500 you are getting a steal.  I normally sell that spa for about $2k more.

spaman1947

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 02:54:44 pm »
Far as my web research goes, the company Freestyle Spas, Inc is out of business. No Florida addy, no contact, nothing. If I am wrong pls let me know at brewman1947@gmail.com

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 02:54:44 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42