What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Tub Delivered Yesterday, not working, might freeze tonight, Customer Support?  (Read 5675 times)

paulcicero

Bought a new Laguna Bay X-6, it was delivered yesterday.  Electrician hooked it up yesterday.  Power is at the tub.  Problem is while the control panel works, and the LIGHT button works, nothing else works.  I am getting messages "ESA" and "ICE".  The manual (which needs diagrams and further installation instructions) says to check the Temperature sensor and there is a risk of freezing- the water temperature is in the 40s. The high today is between 48-52 and the low in the low 30s.  Problem is customer support is closed until Monday.  The manual is useless.  My questions are:  (1) What do I do until Monday?  leave the water in?  Will the pipes freeze and burst?  Should I run a heater under the tub until Monday?  (2)  I did not fill the tub up per the manual, by filling it through the filter housing- I just stuck a hose into the foot well- I was thinking I should empty the tub, bleed the pump, and try refilling it- is that a good idea?  (3) Anyone have an idea what is the matter?  I think the control panel came broken- I cannot read it directly, I need to read it at an angle.  Thanks everyone! 

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
 With those temps I doubt it would freeze, sounds like you might not be getting  full 220v the errors you see are usually normal for most spa's when the water is cold.   It's possible you have an air lock somewhere in the main pump or circ pump?  As far as the led on the controls not sure??  But I wouldn't worry about it freezing. 

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
I live in California, what do I know about freezing?

But if you could run a hose from your hot water tap (perhaps the one that feeds your washer) to the tub, you could put some hot water into it to get the temp up a bit. If it is 50 or more, I can't really see the thing freezing. Of course, if you had a circ pump running, you could pretty much guarantee that - any chance of plugging the circ pump into a standard power cord, or putting a suicide cord to get it to run overnight?

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

When I fill up my JAcuzzi in the winter I get the 'ICE' warning on the display. This is because the water is cold. Once it has started to warm up over several hours the warning goes off. this is normal on Jacuzzi... could it be that.

paulcicero

Thanks for the responses.  We drained the tub, and re filled it the right way- through the filter basket.  I also bled both pumps.  Now the error message is ECP which stands for a water flow error.  I took a voltage tester to the wires, and there is voltage in the wire from the control box to the heater, to the light, to the top digital control panel, but Both wires from the control box to the two 6HP pumps has no power.  Is that normal?  There is no sounds coming from the tub whatsoever.  Thanks. 

clover

IF you have a voltmeter, check your wiring hook up for the (2) 110 volt wires being on the right terminals, per the wiring instructions.  You could have 110 to some functions, but the other 110 could be on the ground or neutrual terminal.  Electricians make mistakes too.

Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

paulcicero

Wanted to circle back for everyone and anyone searching the forums with a similar problem.  The electrician did make a mistake.  He came back this morning- he had switched some wires.  It is working now!  Thanks everyone!!!

JohnnyK45

Great to hear; get ready to enjoy!

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Thanks for closing the loop.  Amazing how many of these stories are just dropped.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

paulcicero

Newbie, question on chemicals
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2012, 09:32:50 pm »
Hi all, I have ozone and doing bromine. When I test my water, my ph is perfect at 7.4. The alkalinity is way low, at 40. The bromine is also semi-low, at 0.5. For the bromine, I turned the dial on the floater thing to let more out, hope that does it.  How do I turn up the alkalinity without affecting ph?  Online they say to add baking soda?  That a good idea?  Thanks guys.   

goose973

It IS tough to raise alkalinity without raising pH. You do use baking soda to do it though. I've tried calculating how much I would need to go to the alkalinity I needed and adding all that at once. That raised my pH pretty high. Seems to work much better if I add it over the course of a few days. Even then, the pH can go up some before stabilizing.

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42