What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: spaudio  (Read 4944 times)

deback

spaudio
« on: August 12, 2012, 03:17:54 am »
Hello- My new home came with a hot springs vista spa.  it has spaudio and i need some info on how to get started to see if it even works.  all i know is that it seems to be entirely hooked up to the spa...do i start by plugging in the exterior box or?? any input would be helpful...

thanks,

Hot Tub Forum

spaudio
« on: August 12, 2012, 03:17:54 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: spaudio
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 08:02:30 am »
Yes, start by putting something into the box and plugging it in. Then go to the Aux control panel. The one inside the spa.

There should be a 'mode' label on one of the buttons - all of the buttons do double-duty, and you use the mode button to switch from controlling the jets and lights to controlling the volume and EQ (tone).

The system returns to zero volume whenever the power is interrupted to the amp - like start-up or a water change - so you will not get any sound until you run the volume up again.

There are some trouble-shooting LED indicators on the amp itself, though in some installations they are hard to see: they are on the side of the amp near where the power switch is.

If you get it running and find it needs any parts, let me know: I just discovered a box of goodies in my warehouse: tons of Spaudio items gathering dust.

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

deback

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 03:58:46 am »
Ok, i did plug in the box and hooked up my Android phone for music...no sound.  i just refilled water etc, so i will adjust volume per your instructions.  AUX Control panel? what does that look like?  Is it seperate from the AMP?  The LED lights on the AMP show from left to right: red, green, green...thanks for your response and will let you know how it goes.   

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 01:44:35 pm »
The Aux Control Panel is the panel on the wall of the tub - inside where you soak. It has a button for jets, and two for light, and a "Mode" button.

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

deback

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 09:01:50 pm »
Thanks Chas!  glad I asked...would have felt like a dummy with my head in the compartment looking around.  Hopefully This is the issue.  Thanks.

deback

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 08:02:43 am »
Ok, no volume yet ???  I tried the aux. Panel volume increase...no luck, any ideas from here?

deback

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 11:22:50 am »
My LED indicators on the amp read Pwr= green, P1T1= red, P2T2 = red and Thermal= "no light" illuminated. 

I pulled the side box receptacle off, disconnected connectors and checked for power using Ohms and acv (analog meter) and no indications of Pwr.  Did i do that right?  As far as where to chrck for power?  Tried acv 50-250 settings and nothing on meter and ohms Rx1, Rx10 and Rx1K...Not sure what I should be reading on the meter but nothing is nothing.  I think parts are in my future...any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 11:22:50 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42