What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ozone Systems  (Read 4124 times)

dazedandconfused

• Still Negotiating ....
Ozone Systems
« on: May 31, 2004, 07:36:36 am »
Like most of youknow by know, I am looking at a SD, HS, or D1 with ozone system.

Questions - When I actually get in and turn the jets on, does the ozone system turn off?  

Is bad to sit in the tub with the ozone on, ie, if I just soak with no jets on, obviously ozone is on.

Can you put a switch somewhere to turn it off?

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Ozone Systems
« on: May 31, 2004, 07:36:36 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Ozone Systems
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2004, 11:08:11 am »
Most brand-name tubs use some sort of system to extend the contact time of the ozone and water inside of the plumbing system - to keep the off-gassing to a minimum. You don't really have to worry about the ozone coming off the surface of the water unless you are indoors, and even then the 'problem' is debatable.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Electro

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2004, 11:40:20 am »
dazedandconfused,                          ::)

I reviewed the Sundance owners manual for 2004 850 Series tubs at http://sundancespas.com/Spa-Showroom-Index.html.

There is no indication of a switch or software control to turn the ozonator off.  Also, the wiring diagram just shows the ozonator hard wired.  This appears to be a defect in the design of Sundance tubs.  With prodding from users an owners, the manufacturer would likely put in some kind of switch or software control.

Since the ozonator is directly tied into the 24/7 circulation system, which can be easily reprogrammed (see the owners manaul at the web address above), you could disable the ozone by turning the entire circulation system off.  But, it will still come on when heat is needed.

Electro

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2004, 11:41:27 am »
The Sundance spas ozonator shuts off when any of the jets pumps are turned on.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2004, 11:41:27 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42