What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: My first wet test  (Read 4010 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
My first wet test
« on: August 15, 2012, 10:30:47 pm »
After advising wet testing for most of the last 10 years, for the first time I actually wet tested myself.  At the Hot Spring Store, I may end up with a Vanguard and I don't have any need to wet test since my sister has one.  Tonight I went to Allseasons Spas of Hilliard, Ohio a Columbus suburb. They are primarily a Sundance/Jacuzzi dealer.  They had a Sundance Optima and a Jacuzzi 345 in their wet test room, which was good as they were two on my pre-wet test short list.  I've also admired the 365 and would consider it as well.   

All Seasons wet test room is well set up as is their changing room which was big enough for my wife and I together.  We first went out on the main floor (it was close to closing time and not many people were in the store. We started with a J245, We actually found it comgfortable and if this was all that I could afford, I could be happy with this tub.

We went back into the wet test room and got in the J345. 

I was immediately very comfortable in this tub. We spent some time familarizing ourselves with the controls and seats. This tub is a little flashier than the J245 and I like the flash. My current tub has crappy lighting and the lights behind the seat cushions and lighted cup holders look very nice. I like the looks of the Jacuzzi 300 series tub. After familiarizing myself with teh controls I tried each seat.  Without jets, the seats are very comfortable for me, the jets were strong enough and varied enough for me to enjoy every seat.  The seats to recline a little more than our current tub and my wife felt like she floated somewhat in the four corner seats.

We moved over to the Optima.   The Salesman, who tried to balance being with us to explain and leaving us alone showed us the controls.  The Seats were comfortable and I like the larger control panel and buttons.  By this time I was already warm and we were offered water which was appreciated 

We went back out on the floor and tried the Sundance Cameo.  We currently have a lounger and for our next tub I could go either with or without so we tried the Cameo.  The lounger was comfortable for me and the lower leg massage was far superior to what I have now  Most of the rest of the tub was similar to the Optima so we know what it was like, but Gina discovered one seat that was different and of some possible use. Its like a 2 level cool down seat with one jet.  We both think our daughter would like this seat when she comes to visit us.  Our current tub doesn't have a cool down seat and I think that is now an option we want.

I happen to mention the Majesta, I've always kind of liked that one when looking online. We looked at one that wasn't filled and saw it has a lot of potential for us. It has that 2 level cool down seat and a sort of pivot seat that substitutes for a lounger.  After discussion we asked about wet testing the Majesta. There is one open spot in the wet test room and the salesman agrees to hook it up. We are in no hurry as we currently have a working tub so we decide we want to wet test this one. I'm guessing that will happen next week, I'll wait to here from our sales guy.

Gut feel from me is I would probably go J365, then J345.  If my wife absolutely loves the Majesta I could easily enjoy having this tub.  If she doesn't love the Majesta I think the 365 could go to the top of the list. I also think if the dealer gave us a fantastic deal on any one of these tubs for any particular reason we could be happy.

The Hot Spring Vanguard is still in the mix, once we get down to dollars I'll probably go for the best deal.  Both dealers are well regarded in Columbus, I find the Jac/Sun dealership a little more personable.  Both stores have good selection of chemicals and is reasonably priced. I have experience with the service department at ths Jac/Sun Dealer as they were Dynasty authorized for awhile.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 10:43:43 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

My first wet test
« on: August 15, 2012, 10:30:47 pm »

JohnnyK45

Re: My first wet test
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 11:22:16 pm »
Nice review.  I always heard that Jacuzzi is the Rolls Royce of hot tubs.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: My first wet test
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 11:22:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42